[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you realize we're all hacks who write doggerel and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 500x596) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 500x596
>tfw you realize we're all hacks who write doggerel and none of us are going to ever produce a work of merit
>>
Lotta spooks. Lotta mooks. Lotta youks.
>>
>>7984206
I am perfectly okay if nothing I write ever even gets published. I enjoy writing. What is nobler or more fulfilling than pure creation?
>>
>>7984209
>le everything is a spook xD *holds up spork*

Stirner was an incredibly insecure and defensive man, his cold persona was born out of him being a literal cuckold to both his wife and the Catholic Church.
>>
>>7984220
It's more of the paradox that I, the creator, am never satisfied with my work, yet I feel an innate need to create. I cringe when I see those "post your own poetry" threads. Though I suppose sincerity is what matters the most.
>>
>>7984209
how selcouth!

what did he mean by this, sleuths?
>>
>>7984220
I agree. As long as my voice is out there idc who hears it
>>
My writing is good. It is the world that should despair, never having known it.
>>
Works of merit no longer matter any more. They don't sell. Books today are written in a simpler prose and appeal to baser things in people.

You live in a post classical world where the presses were red hot from fifty shades of grey and Harry potter, what did you expect?

You can write something of merit but you'll just die like Van Goth, broke and mentally ill except this time your works won't get picked up and praised, they'll die with you.

WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE, TO THE NEW AGE
>>
>>7985247
>le wrong generation
>>
>>7984206
>>7985247
This. If you want to sell books, write shit like John Green does and fill it with insecure teenage sex. write it like 50 shades of gray and appeal to most(Something like 80-90%) women's rape and domination fetish, or write it like Harry Potter and make it childish, easy to read, and full of bullshit.
>>
>>7984220
Word. i started drawing back when I was a kid because my home life was shit and I needed any escape I could find. That extended throughout school. Then I found music and wrote/recorded as much as I could simply to hear my own voice because I never spoke in the real world. And that same style bled over into books and writing.

This shit is 60 percent for me. I do wish I could get some fucking cash from my work but that's not an immediate problem just yet.

That being said - how many of you fuckers are actually artists?
>>
>>7985258
No. I don't even like a lot of classic literature, or rather don't bother with it as I primarily read non-fiction; I am merely making a correct observation.

That being said, 'Le Wring Generation' isn't incorrect here. If these so called works of merit were to be published in centuries past, they'd do better than to publish them now.

Literature has changed, for the better or worse is anyone's choice to accept. Me? I say it's for the worst mostly in that good writing tends to be lost on many today.
>>
>>7984206
That is 80% of people in all fields. Its called the Pareto distribution

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle
>>
>>7985215
:(
>>
>>7985247
>implying works of merit are not still celebrated
>implying the existence of works for kids, like Harry Potter, means that great art targeted at adults cannot flourish

Stop being a dumbass.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.