[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If at one of us on this board could publish a book and hit it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: received_1022305847817829.jpg (18 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
received_1022305847817829.jpg
18 KB, 640x360
If at one of us on this board could publish a book and hit it big, what would you like the book to be about?
>>
>>7981926
tfw no gf
>>
File: 4L_AYjtUZmE.jpg (2 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
4L_AYjtUZmE.jpg
2 MB, 3008x2000
>>7981997
First post best post
>>
>>7981926
admit it, you are only here because you want use to ask you about your shit book, and you will take that chance to market the shit out of it in the hope that some of the faggots here will buy it. What is your amazon link?
>>
>>7981926
meme magic
>>
>>7981926
A Pynchon-style doorstopper detailing our modern world's pluralism in the wackiest way imaginable.

a.k.a. infinite jest 2.0
>>
Space and future
>>
A 200 page version of Finnegans Wake. But, that's not a first book, and it's the only one I have now, and it's considerably worse.
>>
>>7982357
Nope, I'm interested to know what the aspiring authors of /lit/ would actually release if they could, like >>7982542
>>
>>7982458
A novel that captures the whole background and mindset behind meme magic would be incredible.
>>
if /lit/ wrote a book, it would be this:

>over 1200 pages long
>no plot
>shallowly drawn characters
>empty references to other books that do nothing but try and make the author look smart
>footnotes
>middle-school level philosophy about "alphas" and "betas" is the message of the book
>ridiculous character names for no reason
>complete lack of imagination in descriptions
>paragraph-long sentences that have no cumulative effect
>every word would be looked up in the thesaurus and changed to the longest or most obsure symonym
>>
>>7982644
Sounds like a Vollman.
>>
File: review_flowchart_1000px.png (224 KB, 1000x1595) Image search: [Google]
review_flowchart_1000px.png
224 KB, 1000x1595
>>
>>7982644
>middle-school level philosophy about "alphas" and "betas" is the message of the book
not really. the rest is probably accurate though
>>
I would like it to deal with NEET life in a way that isn't so painfully fucking obvious. Please do not make anymore Tao Lin new sincerity bullshit.
>>7982644
Someone is a little upset
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 392x500
>>7982647
>>
>>7982644
you should do endnotes instead so its really frustrating
also you should include parts of the book the editor told you to cut as end notes anyway
>>
NEETism.
>>
>>7982644
Actually if /lit/ wrote a book it would be hypersphere
>>
>>7982630
For you.
>>
>>7981926
Something that really pushed character growth to the max. Like how Pierre from WandP goes through 10 different phases over the course of the novel. It's something that has always fascinated me and that i really struggle reproducing as a writer.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.