[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got all these for $30 second hand. How I do senpai?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Got all these for $30 second hand. How I do senpai?
>>
File: 1448422087175.gif (499 KB, 450x296) Image search: [Google]
1448422087175.gif
499 KB, 450x296
>>7979678
Very good anon. Patrician quality taste. you'll fit in very nicely.
>>
Where do people even get books this cheap?

At the cheapest thrift stores in my city, I can only get books at a minimum 3 or 4 dollars each.
>>
>>7979678
Great. Have you read any of those before?
>>
Fine books, but half of them are falling apart and belong in the trash
>>
>>7979684
Are you going to independent thrift stores? They filter what stuff they'll accept and use that as reason enough to charge extra. Big chain stores like Savers and Goodwill will take any shit they're given and only charge maybe a dollar. Quality v. quantity.
>>
>>7979684
My local used book store gets so many in they regularly put rejects out in a box. Mostly junk or tattered copies of things they have plenty of, but maybe OP got a few freebies.
They are some common titles.

Is that Twain abridged or something?
>>
>>7979684
my local library has book sales a few times a year to get rid of copies that are too worn to keep on the shelves. the last time I went it was only five bucks for a grocery bag full of books.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
>mfw a place near me has one dollar book sales every weekend

>mfw fiance and I grabbed 36 books today
>>
>>7979678
I got $20 can you work out a deal for me to get a 2016 Mercedes Benz S 550 AMG full of classic Russian lit books?
>>
Op is gay
>>
>>7979684
Nearly every Goodwill I've been to, anywhere from between huge cities and tiny towns, I walk out with a stack of quality books. Usually I'll be at B&N and find a book I need/want but to pay that much. Then I'll see the same book at Goodwill in close to same condition for only $2.
>>
>>7980486
Goodwill is great for books, I always have to restrain myself from buying stuff to avoid lengthening my backlog excessively.
It's better in affluent areas in my experience and no matter where you are something like 50% of the books will be sue grafton/danielle steel/stephanie meyer/50 shades of grey horseshit, contributing significantly to the musty, vaguely fishy odor common to all goodwill stores.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.