[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is you favorite Kurt Vonnegut book /lit/? I've read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: BreakfastOfChampions(Vonnegut).jpg (35 KB, 250x376) Image search: [Google]
BreakfastOfChampions(Vonnegut).jpg
35 KB, 250x376
What is you favorite Kurt Vonnegut book /lit/? I've read pic related and Cat's Cradle and I've been thinking about picking up Galapagos next. Cat's Cradle was better than Breakfast of Champions IMO.
>>
Mother Night is my favorite, but Slaughterhouse Five holds a special place in my heart for being the first one I read.

Cats Cradle is good but a bit unmemorable. Sirens of Titan is fun but lacks some of the refined qualities Vonnegut acquires later. I did not like Breakfast of Champions.

Welcome to the Monkey House has some of my favorites though.
>>
>>7978152
Slaughterhouse 5, even though it's the obvious choice, is damn great. God bless you mr. Rosewater was surprisingly good as well
>>
i've read slaughterhause and cradle, and while i liked them both. slaughterhouse was more impactful, but cradle was a more entertaining read. I really love the carribean dictator archetype.
>>
Breakfast of Champions is my favorite by far, but Mother Night, Bluebeard, and Deadeye Dick are really good. You'll notice too, a marked difference between early and post-Slaughterhouse Five Vonnegut, tone-wise.

I also really enjoyed Timequake, but he references a lot of his older books in that one.
>>
>>7978178

Mother Night
Sirens of Titan (probably his most outlandish/sci-fi work)
Welcome to the Monkey House
Slapstick
Slaughterhouse
While Mortals Sleep

i have read all of his work minus maybe 2-3 novels and some of the essays/letter/etc.

huge fan, enjoy
>>
>>7978152
Mother Night and The Sirens of Titan are my two favorites. Mother Night made me feel worse than Sirens did so I like it a little bit more.
>>
>>7978695
what did you like about breakfast of champions? i couldn't stand it
>>
Bluebeard is criminally underrated. Though probably not my absolute favorite (that would have to be SH5) I always try to throw Bluebeard out there.
>>
Sirens of Titan and Cat's Cradle tie for my favorite Vonnegut works. Welcome to the Monkey House and Slaughterhouse 5 are also pretty high up there. I hear really good things about Mother Night but I haven't read it.

Breakfast of Champions probably has my favorite ending of any Vonnegut novel, though.

>Make me young! Make me young!
>>
>>7978695

Timequake has that great little digression on consciousness near the end of the book that I quite liked. How consciousness is faster than the speed of light or something to that effect.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.