[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /lit/'s opinion on film novelizations? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: q.png (105 KB, 209x338) Image search: [Google]
q.png
105 KB, 209x338
What's /lit/'s opinion on film novelizations?

I'm reading pic related and enjoying it so far.
>>
What's even the fucking point?
>>
>be a child
>the first spiderman movie of the tobymaguirespidermantriology comes out
>get the novel version from barnes n noble
>read it
>didn't realize it was just a novelization of the movie
>see the movie
>it was way better than the book
>>
>>7976855
I havent seen this book since I was 10 and bought it at a yard sale. I read it till it fell apart. The sequels lead into the darkhorse comic series

That said, movie novelizations are below Forgotten Realms fantasy and momcore for /lit/ rep
>>
Too commercial
>>
2001: A Space Odyssey is a good book, but mostly because it was written in tandem with the movie instead of after the movie.
>>
>>7976965
Really? Then why do they differ so much? I didn't let the plot differences bother me until I got to 2061 and the author's note said "Listen we changed it again, this time so much so that you can't call it a sequel, it's more like an alternate universe with similar characters and events."
I was like fuck this.
>>
>>7976965
Agreed. The tour through massive ruined civilizations beats the shit out of the lightshow from the movie for me.
>>
read that gary schnyetgart sp loves the novelization of zardoz

don't think ive read one. had owned a couple as a kid, from book fairs i think

there must be a 'ten best movie novelizations' list somewhere
>>
File: 2001SpaceOdyssey128.jpg (120 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2001SpaceOdyssey128.jpg
120 KB, 1920x1080
>>7977022
I feel like the lightshow is the ruined civilizations though.
Most of the shots are landscapes- it's just the budget was blown already and he couldn't do miniatures.
>>
The revenge of the sith novelization is actually really good family
>>
>>7976870
>just a novelization of the movie
>see the movie
>it was way better than the book

kek
>>
>>7977284
very sorry for him, that part of the book was fucking incredible
>>
>>7976855
>I'm reading pic related and enjoying it so far.

TOP KEK.
>>
>>7976855
It's like making movie based on video game. It's a joke.
>>
File: Illustrated.jpg (112 KB, 424x640) Image search: [Google]
Illustrated.jpg
112 KB, 424x640
Why not just read the screenplay of films that were never made?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.