[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Using music, pictures or videos, how would you imagine what anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 2KDLEK-N.jpg (292 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
2KDLEK-N.jpg
292 KB, 1252x1252
Using music, pictures or videos, how would you imagine what anxiety feels like?

I'm writing an English paper for my online class and I want to give the reader a disturbing visual of what anxiety feels like.
>>
>a disturbing visual
ISHYGDDT holy shit are you in middle school? There are a ton of superior things that you could fill your word count with. I bet your teacher told you to write in second person too.
>>
File: 1448294242326.jpg (1 MB, 821x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448294242326.jpg
1 MB, 821x1000
>>7976831
>>
>>7976843
This isn't being included for the word count. I'm gonna submit the essay separately, and include the visuals in a separate folder. Our textbooks even says we can do that. The books says

>"If you are submitting the assignment electronically (which i am) consider added music or videos that can be associated with the event"
>>
>>7976854
Looks comfy
>>
>>7976873
Id say why I posted it for anxiety, but I don't want Joe School up there to use my words for his paper. He can take the pic if he wants and try to dig up his own gem about it.

But desu, I do also find the picture comfy.
>>
>>
>>7976889
>>7976873
How do you find that comfy? Makes me anxious looking at all the holes and eyes pushing me into nothingness
>>
>>7976917
When I look at the image's impossible logic and the total symmetry, I feel comfy.
>>
>>7976975
The right side isn't symmetrical compared to the left. That is, it makes two openings out of one.
It's hard to give in to something so foreign.
Not sure whether to be disgusted or in awe of your content.
>>
>>7976831

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QAqJAfBjN8
>>
>>7976917
The box makes me feel safe because it contains the space but it doesn't make me feel claustrophobic because of the endless expanse visible through the arches.

The different views give a feeling of omniscience from my cool safe box of gateways as if I live outside of reality and no longer need to worry about corporeal matters. The inside of the box doesn't follow natural law. Maybe it is outside of space and maybe it is outside of time. This quells my fear of uncontrollable changes and my impending death.

Basically earth monkey reasons my dude.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8UcpmUQkNU
>>
>>7977014
It's symmetrical in the sense of its logic, even though it isn't possible. That's what I meant.
>>
>>7977060
He probably doesn't understand that he is the birdman
>>
>>7976917
Alright I'm assuming you're OP and I can't let you write some nonsense about what you just said.
It represents anxiety, to me, because of the several different views of a single frame. This captures the analytical essence that comes with needing to control every aspect of a situation when feeling anxious.
The sharp intersecting lines all throughout the walls remind me of the unease arising from being anxious about something. They act as the representation of the uncomfort brought on by something simple. Take away those crossing lines, and the image looses it's sharpness, and feel more relaxed.

There's some spark notes. I could probably write a solid two page MLA essay, with very little bull shit filler, on this image and anxiety alone.
God speed anon.
>>
File: labyrinth-anxiety.jpg (147 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
labyrinth-anxiety.jpg
147 KB, 576x432
>>7977016
very relatable
>>7976831
would go for pic related
for the music maybe :
https://youtu.be/qLrnkK2YEcE
or https://youtu.be/8hRM2j1n7-4
or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lWAhwGPilU
but still then I find it had to find music to picture anxiety.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.