[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
And who are you, The fat man said, That I must write so fast?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: King George.jpg (84 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
King George.jpg
84 KB, 620x372
And who are you,
The fat man said,
That I must write so fast?
>>
>>7974078
when is this nigger gonna die. I wanna know how ASOIF ends
>>
He's doing the fans a mercy. He's hoping they realize genre shit is worthless before the next book comes out.
>>
I don't think an author ever has an obligation to rush themselves because fans are impatient, but he really should have put 100% of his focus on cranking out the main books as soon as he signed his deal with HBO.
>>
>>7974248
nah. fuck it. no one in this world has the right to be impatient.
he should take up painting just to annoy people.
>>
>>7974248
two words: dickens
>>
>>7974248
if he didnt have fans his fat ass would be homeless and he would be a skeleton. there is an obligation.
>>
File: 1364288688272.jpg (453 KB, 1488x921) Image search: [Google]
1364288688272.jpg
453 KB, 1488x921
>>7974090

lel
>>
>>7974583
Dude has an opportunity that any writer would do anything for and he's shitting it away. Seems ungrateful to me.

I agree with this anon
>>7974602
Without his fans he'd be still churning out stuff like that spooky rock band story.
>>
>>7974602
he write book. fan buy book.
that's it. end. finish.
there is no obligation
>>
>>7974621
then why is he getting rich and am I only getting a few hours of forgettable enjoyment?
>>
>>7974622
it's 1 to n not 1 to 1
ok i'll add a extra letter s to my earlier sentence
he write book. fans buy book.
>>
>>7974625
he gets far more out of it than the person buying the book is what im saying. that creates an obligation on his side part of the side.
>>
>>7974642
um.
no read what i wrote.
1 to many

1 person big effort/big money <-> many people small enjoyment/small money
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.