[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw the movie and hated it, should I assume that the book is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (145 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
145 KB, 1280x720
Saw the movie and hated it, should I assume that the book is shit too?

Or a better question: can I read it without thinking about Joaquin Phoenix grotesque face now?
>>
>>7972865
Joaquin is my husbando, delete this
>>
Book has much more stoner comedy. More psychedelic too.
>without thinking about Joaquin Phoenix
No.
>>
Have you read any Pynchon?
Its a pretty ok book. Really groovy
>>
>Talking shit about Joaquin Phoenix
I won't stand for this shit.
>>
>>7972887
No. Is it a good starting point?
>>
Loved the movie as an illustration of the book's key scenes, but I can see how it'd seem pretty weak to anyone who hadn't read it.

If you actually hated the movie though you'd probably hate the book even more, and should consider taking your humorless ass out of here.
>>
>>7972904
I think most people would recommend The Crying of Lot 49 as a Pynchon starting point.
>>
I think Joaquin Phoenix might be one of the most universally loved actors, same with Christopher Walken.
>>
>>7972865
It is a meme book. Don't waiste your time. At least that you want to read some time waister.
>>
>>7972904
>>7972920
Lot 49 is more 'old Pynchon', Inherent Vice is just a fun book with some hints of Pynchon. The thing is, the movie is a mess, you would need to make an 8 hour movie to make it understandable
>>
Spanky fucky scene made me thirst.
>>
>>7972920

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG CUNT FUCKING WRONG

Start with V.
>>
>>7973196
V. is a terrible starting point for most people who'd be asking about where to start in the first place. Don't listen to this
>>
I don't think I like the narration in the film
>>
File: 1432150066650.jpg (22 KB, 250x289) Image search: [Google]
1432150066650.jpg
22 KB, 250x289
>judging books by their movie adaptions

What kind of bizarro board am I on right now??
>>
Joaquin Phoenix's face is fucking beautiful. What a fag.
>>
File: yeahokay.gif (1 MB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
yeahokay.gif
1 MB, 500x250
>>7972865
>>
File: snojob.jpg (67 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
snojob.jpg
67 KB, 1920x1080
>>7972865

You're a weird guy, OP.
>>
>>7972904
Start with Gravity's Rainbow.
>>
>>7973203
V or TCoL49, you should read V. before GR anyway because the themes and some characters carry over
>>
>>7973693
Nah fuck that. Read GR, MD, then move on. Pick up IV if you're about to board a plane.
>>
>>7972904
Inherent Vice feels like someone trying to imitate Pynchon with no understanding of what makes Pynchon work.
>>
>hated the movie

stay pleb nerd, maybe the new batman is more up ur alley
>>
File: SpongeBob-Squarefail.jpg (26 KB, 302x326) Image search: [Google]
SpongeBob-Squarefail.jpg
26 KB, 302x326
>>7973820
>defending a movie
>any movie
your pleb is showing
>>
>>7973828
check out captain cool over here
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.