[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily remember that all you need to write is: Composition book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: JxFJz2a.jpg (172 KB, 1200x1096) Image search: [Google]
JxFJz2a.jpg
172 KB, 1200x1096
Daily remember that all you need to write is:
Composition book ($0.88)
Shitty pens ($1.00 per box)
Public Library Card (free)

The only thing stopping you from writing is your shitty work ethic and self-consciousness
>>
You forgot time, time is money.
>>
>>7967939
I did write but nobody wanted it
>>
>>7968095
Write more until somebody wants it.
>>
Should i write in work? I fear my writing will be always shit if i write in constant distraction
>>
Why?
If you were meant to write it comes to you
>>
>>7968176
>If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all.
>>
>>7968176
>meant to
Implying a governing meaning.
>>
>>7968101
nobody would ever want it because you can't get anywhere anymore unless you know the right people and or were born into wealth.
>>
>>7967939
But you would eventually need a personal computer. Some places don't accept physical submissions and doing all that at the library would blow.
>>
>>7969340
>>7969597
how many thousands of pages have been written by quill and ink
you are all slothful degenerates and bring disgrace to humankind
>>
>>7969340
>this is what untalented poorfags actually believe
Okay, I see that J.K. Rowling was secretly royalty, it's all so clear now.
>>
Libtarspotted
>>
>>7969743
holding a pen is hard
>>
On the topic of the writing process: where do amateurs go to get published? Like if I want to get a short story out there, where could I go?
>>
>>7970256
If your school has a magazine thats a really good way to do it
>>
>>7968176
You mean you find yourself writing.

Either way, talent is nothing without discipline and refinement.
>>
>>7969340
>>7969780
More than jk rowling , what about Jack London? The alcoholic child laborer turned hobo turned Hitchens of his day? Or Eric Hoffer, the dockworker who wrote some of the astutest shit of the twentieth century (no, that's not hyperbole)? Your life is cush, it really is. Instead of whining, apply yourself. Daniel Kharms literally starved to death in a patch prison in Leningrad; look at Poe's depressing ass life, abject failure of a career and humiliating demise. Being a working class artist has never been easy.

Get a day job, relentlessly self-promote, and someone might appreciate your work. If you're lucky it !might eben happen while you're alive. But that sounds hard. Right? No guarantee of success for diligently applying minimum effort for x amt of to!e. Art isn't a government pension.
>>
>>7970289
That was meant to say, "Daniel Kharms starved in a PSYCH prison"
>>
>>7967947
like usual, the first comment is the right answer. Fuck off OP, suck a dick.
>>
>>7967939
>Public Library Card (free)
Where do you live?
>>
>>7969597
Library. You do need a $10 flash drive I guess.
Or just an email account.
>>
>>7967939
You forgot to mention the fact that I don't know what to write about
>>
File: 1459998118723.jpg (81 KB, 600x904) Image search: [Google]
1459998118723.jpg
81 KB, 600x904
>tfw no self-discipline
>>
>>7971511
not in ameri(cuck)landia and i am not retarded americ(uck)unt either
>>
The only thing that stops me from writing is how trite everything seems when I read it back to myself.
>>
>>7971501
If you have to spend your days slaving away to live, then it's clear that you don't have an interesting life or creative mind and probably couldn't write anything worthwhile anyways.
>>
>>7967939
>Shitty pens
Hello, Paul Auster.
>>
>>7974613
feygele
>>
>>7968176
Not really

A lot of great writers forced themselves to write even when they didn't feel like it

The idea that words should come naturally is a lie
>>
>>7967939
>self-consciousness

It's hard to come up with a story that doesn't get predictable or underwhelming.
>>
>>7967939
also you need beard
>>
>>7974613
That's very nice to hear, I'm not american either. But you still haven't answered my question.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.