[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what did the greeks start with?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 44371224840.jpg (111 KB, 604x543) Image search: [Google]
44371224840.jpg
111 KB, 604x543
what did the greeks start with?
>>
The summerians
>>
>"They know what is happening"
Maybe, but I don't have a fucking clue what's going on in that picture.
>>
uhh, source on the picture? It's for a friend
>>
>>7963888

The parents are the ones in the robes
>>
>>7963888

but how is holding the camera?
>>
>>7963888
>what did the greeks start with?

boipussy
>>
You know what's happening? A massive pedo orgy.
>>
>>7963978
Kek
>>
If the Greeks had had to start with someone, they wouldn't have turned out to be the Greeks.

Must have been cool to be born at the beginning of the West instead of the end.
>>
The Egyptians and Persians
>>
Egyptians
>>
>>7963888
Their writing script came from the Phoenicians, so I guess them.
>>
>>7964578
Too bad their contribution stopped there.
>>
>>7963888
Nothing. Oral tradition.
>>
>>7963888
>>7963888

Mesopotamians

But then who did they start with?
>>
>>7964629
Huehuehue
You didn't trigger me at all kid pssshhh
>what the Greeks actually are best at is utterly destroying and hiding their sources, to glorify themselves only
>it worked
I'm fine
>>
>>7964651
their sources are in ancient minoic and micenic civilizations, I believe they had writing but it's been shown to be undecipherable to modern philologists. I'm not sure the greeks learned anything from them or if they could read their languages though.
>>
>>7964691
Linear A and Linear B,
Minoan, Mycenaean

L-A remains untranslated
L-B has been deciphered
>>
>>7964691
I dont think they accessed the written works, but they definately had their oral traditions passed down from them.

Oral as in pedo boypussi eating.
>>
>>7964691
After wikipediaing it seems as if they might have inspired some architecture and handicraft but there's no direct connection between the cultures, that's regarding Minoans.

Mycenaens on the other hand are said to have greatly influcned greek culture and many greek gods were found written in Linear B language (the one they spoke) which is very similar to greek.
>>
File: worksafe.jpg (36 KB, 191x600) Image search: [Google]
worksafe.jpg
36 KB, 191x600
>>7963978
POST "GIRLS"
>>
>>7963888
The Egyptians
>>
this thread is tripping me out
>>
>>7964751
who is this "GIRL"?
>>
>>7964760
You high or new?
>>
>>7963888
sounds like the marifa or something
>>
>>7963888
self-respect
>>
File: 1422195734862.jpg (376 KB, 1145x1536) Image search: [Google]
1422195734862.jpg
376 KB, 1145x1536
observing nature/human activity

there were probably some stories passed to them from the Minoans and other early civilizations
>>
they faced human existence from scratch and through centuries waited until something came out of it, of course, after establishing a sociopolitical system that had them supported by 3 times their number in slaves.
>>
>>7964631
scriptures handed down by "the elder ones" probably, people have been around for 200,000 years so there's no way for us to trace history all the way back, barely any of the way back really
>>
>>7963888
They started with the Greeks, like you should always do.
>>
>>7963921
http://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/dont-make-go-back-mommy-creepy-childrens-book-satanic-ritual-abuse/

reverse image search is your friend
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.