[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which writers best articulate their distaste for life? Who are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12
File: TITLE.png (881 KB, 960x2205) Image search: [Google]
TITLE.png
881 KB, 960x2205
Which writers best articulate their distaste for life?

Who are some anti-life writers?

Pic related
>>
i don't think maintaining a negative view of life is anti-life
>>
read the conspiracy against the human rance by ligotti and shut up
>>
>>7947963
Lovecraft was definitely anti-life
>>
>>7947907
Anyone else living the Hitler's lifestyle?
>>
>>7947973
>"In the midst of this corrupt city, my friend surrounded himself with a wall of unshakable principles which enabled him to build up an inner freedom, in spite of all the dangers around, him. He was afraid of infection, as he often said. Now I understand that he meant, not only venereal infection, but a much more general infection, namely, the danger of being caught up in the prevailing conditions and finally being dragged down into the vortex of corruption. It is not surprising that no one understood him, that they took him for an eccentric, and that those few who came in contact with him called him presumptuous and arrogant. But he went his way, untouched by what went on around him, but also untouched by a really great, consuming love. He remained a man alone and guarded -- an odd contradiction -- in strict monklike asceticism, the holy Flame of Life."
>>
File: golden-eagles-of-the-kazakhs.jpg (220 KB, 1900x750) Image search: [Google]
golden-eagles-of-the-kazakhs.jpg
220 KB, 1900x750
>>7947907
What a bunch of effete faggots
>>
>>7947907
lol no chill famm
>>
>>7947907
I came here to post good ol' Houelle
>>
Man, Adam Lanza is a quote machine.

“Literature is simply another coping mechanism for children who’ve been mindfucked by culturapists. They’re carried to other worlds in the stream of semen.”
>>
>>7948031
>implying anybody can be "over-refined"
>>
>>7948031
i notice you didn't have any suggestions beyond posting a pic of a sandnigger and his pet parrot.

Michael Gira
Boyd Rice - wait, has he actually written anything?
>>
File: NKBoydAnton.jpg (51 KB, 378x342) Image search: [Google]
NKBoydAnton.jpg
51 KB, 378x342
>>7948181
boyd loves life he just hates you
>>
>>7947970
No he wasn't. He was completely indifferent. Life is suffering, but why should that matter?
Life wasn't created to make us happy, humans aren't special etc.

You can dislike it but you can't really be angry at it because that is just the way it is.
People who are upset at life's being a disappointment have to think that it shouldn't be that way.

Lovecraft saw that life is the only way it can be.
Of course theory and practice can be different and I'm sure he was angry at life, but he would have also known that his anger was futile.
>>
>>7948181
Yeah, Boyd's written one or two books. I think one of them is supposed to be okay, if you like the writing in his music.
>>
>>7948066
top shrek. i bet he lurked here.
>>
>>7949946
>"life is no good"
>he was totally indifferent

Yeah, nah. One thing Lovecraft wasn't was indifferent. He was extremely sensitive and criticized everything that wasn't associated with a cozy Rhode Island lifestyle.
>>
>>7948181
He's written for Modern Drunkard Magazine
http://www.drunkard.com/author/boyd-rice/
>>
>>7948066
On Adam's isolation

>"Nancy Lanza told [her] that her son, Adam Lanza, had not left his room in three months, and that despite the fact that Nancy and Adam lived in the same house, Nancy had only been able to communicate with Adam via e-mail."
p.01146

On Lanza's attitude towards the environment

>"[name] recalled Adam was very concerned with the environment and Adam would walk around the island [...] picking up trash."
p.01151

On life and suffering

>""Self" is a delusion and life cannot be anything other than suffering."
11/1/2011
>>
the lad himself
>>
>And I declared that the dead, who had already died, are happier than the living, who are still alive.
>But better than both is the one who has never been born, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun.
holy bibble
>>
>>7951577
does this guy have a manifesto or something like rodgerino?
>>
>>7951785
No just a bunch of posts on a forum dedicated to the columbine massacare
>>
>>7951816
>“American mass murders were less prevalent before Richard Speck precipitated their rise in 1966. My best estimate for the -absolute- minimum amount of mass murders in the US since 1966 is 960. I would be surprised if there weren’t a minimum of somewhere around 1500 in reality, but we’ll just vaguely say that there have been over 1000. If you were trying to measure alienation in a society, what could be a more blatant indication? And it’s glib to dismiss them as not being indicative of anything just because there have been over a thousand of them instead of over a hundred thousand, or however many you think are necessary, because mass murdering is so ridiculously over-the-top of a response that very few people are prone to do it under any circumstances. But just look at how many fans you can find for all different types of mass murderers ”not just the [Columbine killers]”, and beyond these fans are countless more people who can sympathize with them; and beyond these are millions more who never think of relating the circumstances of their lives to anyone else but instead just go through the motions of life incessantly dissatisfied with their environment. Thinking of this society as the default state of existence is the reason why you think that humans would be “not well” for “no reason whatsoever”. Civilization has not been present for 99% of the existence of hominids, and the only way that it’s ever sustained is by indoctrinating each new child for years on end. The “wellness” that you speak of is solely defined by a child’s submission to this process and their subsequent capacity to propagate civilization themselves. When civilization exists in a form where all forms of alienation (among many other things) are rampant, as can be seen in the most recent incarnation within the last fifty years which AS55 talked about, new children will end up “not well” in all sorts of ways. You don’t even have to touch a topic as cryptic as mass murder to see an indication of this: you can look at a single symptom as egregious as the proliferation of antidepressants. And look in your own life. You’ve said that you’re afflicted by unrelenting anxiety and that you’re afraid to leave your house. Do you really think that the way you feel is not symptomatic of anything other than your own inexplicable defectiveness?”

This lad is actually articulate and interesting to be honest.
>>
>>7951829
I made a thread a while ago on /r9k/ with a bunch of quotations written by and about him if you're interested

https://desustorage.org/r9k/thread/24985710
>>
>>7951836
I am, thanks mate.

Are there any good contemporary works written on mass shooters that you know of? Seems like a phenomenon that warrants plenty of attention.
>>
>>7951849
No idea sorry. My interest was / is only in their characters and more out of curiosity than any specific interest in the subject. I heard the Columbine book written by the close friend of the Eric and Dylan is a good read, though whether it's accurate I don't know.
>>
>My formula for greatness in a human being is amor fati: that one wants nothing to be different, not forward, not backward, not in all eternity. Not merely bear what is necessary, still less conceal it—all idealism is mendacity in the face of what is necessary—but love it.

gtfo with that whiny crap
>>
>>7951849
>>7951852
Oh and "Rage" by Stephen King (Richard Bachman) was a good read and has an interesting history IMO, as it has been out of print for something like two decades at least because so many kids who were shooting up their schools had a copy in their home or locker etc. Stephen King was asked to take it out of print and he agreed to do so.
>>
>>7951855
What I consider his most authentic work is his letters, because in them he’s truthful, while in his other work he’s prisoner to his vision. In his letters one sees that he’s just a poor guy, that he’s ill, exactly the opposite of everything he claimed.

It’s because that whole vision, of the will to power and all that, he imposed that grandiose vision on himself because he was a pitiful invalid. Its whole basis was false, nonexistent. His work is an unspeakable megalomania. When one reads the letters he wrote at the same time, one sees that he’s pathetic, it’s very touching, like a character out of Chekhov.
>>
>>7951874
Which book do you recommend to read his letters etc?
>>
File: nitch letter.png (64 KB, 657x885) Image search: [Google]
nitch letter.png
64 KB, 657x885
>>7951875
I was copy pasting from this (very nice) Cioran interview to be honest, but I do agree with him: http://www.itinerariesofahummingbird.com/e-m-cioran.html

I haven't read a book of Nietzsche's letters but I've read a lot of them online, some of them here:

http://www.thenietzschechannel.com/correspondence/eng/nletters.htm
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Selected_Letters_of_Friedrich_Nietzsche

Pic related is something he wrote to his waifu and her boyfriend, his best friend.
>>
>>7951895
Thank you.
>>
File: nietzsche-at-17.jpg (195 KB, 612x861) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche-at-17.jpg
195 KB, 612x861
>>7951855
>Once upon a time, in some out of the way corner of that universe which is dispersed into numberless twinkling solar systems, there was a star upon which clever beasts invented knowing. That was the most arrogant and mendacious minute of "world history," but nevertheless, it was only a minute. After nature had drawn a few breaths, the star cooled and congealed, and the clever beasts had to die. One might invent such a fable, and yet he still would not have adequately illustrated how miserable, how shadowy and transient, how aimless and arbitrary the human intellect looks within nature. There were eternities during which it did not exist. And when it is all over with the human intellect, nothing will have happened.
>>
File: toadchan.jpg (109 KB, 737x544) Image search: [Google]
toadchan.jpg
109 KB, 737x544
>>7951937
>>
>>7951585

Source?
>>
>>7951948
Ecclesiastes 4:3-4 my friend
>>
>>7951941
Will Pepe ever leave Wojack alone?
>>
File: ñ.jpg (66 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
ñ.jpg
66 KB, 499x499
>>7951941
praise kek
>>
>>7951960
nietzsche literally got cucked by a guy named 'ree'
>>
>>7951968
here he is with ree and Lou Salome, who was a cuck queen, Nietzsche's love and very hot. They are doing something kinky.
>>
>>7951941
This warps my entire perspective of Nietzsche. I now see him as Wojak with an obsession with Pepe.
>>
File: 220px-Friedrich_Carl_Andreas.jpg (10 KB, 220x393) Image search: [Google]
220px-Friedrich_Carl_Andreas.jpg
10 KB, 220x393
>>7951999
and here was Lou Salome's husband, who she only got married to on the condition they never have sex. Can you see it in his eyes? Can you?
>>
>>7951999
makes me rethink the "You go to women? Do not forget the whip!" part in zarathussy desu
>>
>>7952004
These German philosophers are quickly becoming weirder and more depressing by the day.
>>
>>7951999
>>
>>7951937

Who wrote that?
>>
>>7947907

Who's the second guy?
>>
>>7952031
Leopardi.

I posted a thread on /r9k/ a while back with some quotations written by and about him if you're interested: https://desustorage.org/r9k/thread/25568022/

Admittedly I'd only read his poetry at the time and some articles about him so it's not extensively researched. I have his Zibaldone book but it's like 1000+ pages.
>>
>>7951941
frogposting in the 19th century:
>bring a frog to a woman
>"h-here is your womanhood back! stop trying to marry me!"
>on the way out, hit the side of the door with my shoulder and say "ow" in a voice I try to make casual
>later, safe in my home, write a philosophical treaty
thank dog for the internet
>>
>>7952024
Nietzsche.
>>
>>7951937
>Even his most cringeworthy material is better than anything you will ever write
>>
>>7952048

Thank you anon.
>>
>>7951829
thats because it wasnt a kid who wrote that, but a grown ass man from the FBI/CIA/random alphabet soup
>>
>>7951836
why he destroyed his pc?…
>>
>>7951582
C-man is the only pessimist ı can take seriously anymore.
>>
>>7953217
Probably because he refuses to be systematic. Pessimism always falls apart when it pretends to be more than a sentiment/temperament.
>>
>>7947907
lovecraft looks like he just saw a black president
>>
>>7947907
Pessoa is miraculously anti-life, but his opinions fluctuate around constantly. He somehow achieves the most realistic depiction of depression and being "anti-life" through these fluctuations and doubts.
>>
>>7953617

I laughed.
>>
>>7947907
Lanza?
>>
>>7953716
Yes, Adam Lanza.

>>7953631
Yes you're right, I should have added him.

I posted a thread on /r9k/ a while back with quotations written by and about Fernando Pessoa if anybody is interested: https://desustorage.org/r9k/thread/24764611/
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.