[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much have you read today lit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 620x349
How much have you read today lit?
>>
Alot but not as much as I want.
>>
>>7939451
/thread
>>
>>7939440

I just finished reading Illness as a Metaphor by Susan Sontag.
>>
I just woke up you little shit turtle
It's fucking eight in the morning
>>
At least seven.
>>
File: april 18.jpg (67 KB, 772x798) Image search: [Google]
april 18.jpg
67 KB, 772x798
>>7939440

I read >5 books yesterday, I read like 15 hours, nothing else to do-
>>
>>7939440
i read medea and like 30 pages of hegel
good enough
>>
>>7939581
medea goes to prison?
>>
>>7939440
More than the average and median Americans. Which is fine with me.
>>
>>7939440
I measure my day on how much I've been paid.
>>
i procrastinated doing a paper by masturbating five times and eating $20 of junk food and now i'm going to kill mysel
>>
I got a little bit on break at work.
>>
I usually never read more than 50-60 pages. I enjoy what I read but i don't find myself wanting to go further then that, even though funny enough I spend most of my days looking at a book I go quite slow.
>>
>>7939566
Where are you? Bosnia?
>>
>>7939440
~400 4chan posts and I just woke up
>>
>>7939591
GMT+1 is almost all of europe you cunt
>>
>>7939608
Nice
>>
None
>>
>>7939609
I really don't care pal
>>
>>7939612
Me too :(
>>
>>7939618
I am ashamed of myself
>>
I re-red 20 pages of Hume and red 20 new pages.
>>
>>7939622
It's okay, I have like 4 bookshelves that are mostly unread because I keep telling myself it's a lifelong collection so I don't have to worry about reading them all right now and I'm addicted to purchasing books. One day we will have read them all.
>>
>>7939626
but red is a color
>>
>>7939635
Fuck I am the same way. I like the feeling of buying book, especially the ones with the nice covers and I always tell myself I will read it. We'll get there.
>>
>>7939639
We're all in this together, friend. I believe in u.
>>
>>7939586
Faaaaam nigga
>>
361 pages

who /NEET/ here
>>
>>7939649
I believe in you too
>>
>tfw All I have to do is stop buying books and then it'll only take like 10 years to read my collection and then I won't have this anxiety of plebfluence haunting me anymore
>>
>>7939656

waht book m8, the only books i used to read a few hundred pages of were fantasy and scifi, the bad kind like drizzt and warhammer.
>>
>>7939656
I am but have crippling depression and sleep all day.
>>
>>7939656
I'm not but I get mon thru wed off and I only work an average of like 25 hours a week so sometimes I feel like one
>>
Only about 10 pages desu senpai
>>
>>7939440
60 pages of white noise. Shit's great. Tbqh if you dont read at least 50 pages a day you have no business on this board
>>
uuh i just woke up... will hopefully be reading some 70-80 pages today. 100 if i dont internet much.
>>
>>7939440

A trivial essay by Camus on the death penalty, about to finish Narcissus and Goldmund, then start The Plague.
>>
>>7939585

And how much did you get paid?

I got 200$ for 5 hours of work. More like 4 hours of work and 1 hour of paid lunch.
>>
Not enough. Fucking assignments and papers to correct.
I envy the NEET life.
>>
ʲᵘˢᵗ ᶠʳᶦᵉᶰᵈˢ
>>
>>7940216
Don't. With that amount of free time for the foreseeable future you would soon grow sluggish and use maybe a few hours or so for reading but use the rest for mindless Internet browsing and masturbating. Later probably drinking too. "Nothing going on tomorrow anyway. Who cares?" What follows isn't worth typing about.
>>
>>7940245
What is this sorcery?
>>
>>7940303
The magic of friendship
>>
>>7940257
This is me, except I'm not neet.
>>
About 35 pages of one book and 35 pages of another.
>>
>>7939440
40 pages of Submission by Houellebecq.

Pretty scary where the Muslim Brotherhood sounds like the voice of reason and moderation. Also no reporting of civil disturbances and next to nothing being found on Youtube for example.
>>
About 100 pages and then I couldn't focus
Might read a bit more later
>>
File: 1438384135387.jpg (197 KB, 1100x828) Image search: [Google]
1438384135387.jpg
197 KB, 1100x828
Well I woke up to the tracing of fingers on my erect penis over my boxer briefs, busted inside, drove her back to her place, got some fast food, and now I've read parts of six or seven /lit/ threads while staring down a copy of Pinecone's V, wondering when I'll pick it back up.
>>
>>7940654
Same thing happens almost nightly to me except in reverse
>>
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (23 KB, 640x215) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
23 KB, 640x215
>>7940662
Yeah we just got back late last night. Sometimes I see all the Elliott Rodgers-esque stuff on here and I'm just depressed that people who don't regularly have sex make it up to be some kind of life-making thing that they're denied of unjustly. Sure, it puts a spring in your step, and doing it frequently teaches you how to have it available in the future, but there's more to life.

Just last night, my current fling asked me what I was thinking about, a little game she picked up during silences after I asked her a couple times. She normally can't gather herself to tell me what she's thinking about, but when she asked me, my immediate answer was 'the word alacrity, when I last used it, when I'll next use it, where I first heard it.'

Bitches, man, they don't understand the introspective analytical mind. Previous pic related, it's me feeling intellectually void during sex and ready to write afterwards.

All in all, an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind, but an eye for a fine leaves the victim behind.
>>
>>7940675
I didn't read your post because I really don't care about your life.
>>
A couple hundred pages of some YA bullshit, what do you care?
>>
>>7939440
I've read 60 or so pages today. I don't think it's so bad on a day when I also have to work too.
>>
pretty much nothing. I'm really lazy these days. Also trips
>>
>>7939579

How long can you read in one sitting?
>>
>>7939664
>having 10 years worth of unread books

What are you, 17? I pray each night a scientist will figure out a way to make us immortal so I may read my collection in the next few centuries.
>>
Nothing. I'm still at work.

I need to start walking up earlier so I can read in the mornings. My brain is fried by the end of the day
>>
>>7940906
ebooks or physical? Just curious.
>>
>>7940924
Physical, of course. eBooks are for animals.
>>
i read like three pages about eschaton and then came on here xD
>>
>>7939451
>alot
>>
>>7940973
How many books do ya have?
>>
>>7940996
I don't know. Hundreds.
>>
>>7940998
Me too
>>
>>7941087
You could achieve it in ten years?
>>
>>7941092
Maybe if I read like 50 books a year

50 books a year x 10 years = 500 books

Tahdah
>>
>>7939440
I read the first three paragraphs of The Lord of Flies. Didn't like it and dropped.
>>
>>
>>7941198
What kind of book is that? It makes almost a book each week.
>>
>>7941260
not that anon but 100-300 pages is easy work within a week if you manage your time well.
>>
>>7941260
I'm just speaking hypothetically, there's a decent amount of people on here who read over 50 books a year.
>>
>>7941263
>>7941267
Well, I assume a book is about 300 to 500 pages long, and honestly I don't see how I could correctly read this while having a normal life. Do they work or have a social life? Anyway, I doubt you can live ten straight without working. I don't care about speed, and consider any methods to develop it ridiculous and potentially harmful yet I still don't think I'm a slow reader.
>>
60 pages of Dune and 75 of Dhalgren. Dhalgren has a lot more text on each page compared to Dune however.
>>
Read about 50 pages of gravitys rainbow this evening. Trying to pace myself and enjoy the work but I see 20 other works waiting in the wings. Probably should read Celine's Journey to the end of the night next but Ulysses is begging for re-read. Also passoa before bed is comfy.
>>
>>7940711
you sound like a great reader.
>>
Around a hundred and fifty pages. I'm pretty impressed with myself.
>>
>dick measuring
>>
>>7943213
It's not about dick measuring, it's about making people feel bad for wasting their time on a Japanese image board about literature instead of actual literature. ;)
>>
half of proteus, calypso, and half of lotus eaters. would have liked to finish lotus eaters but I'm getting too tired
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.