[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've read Infinite Jest and I'm addicted to drugs but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 300x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 300x464
I've read Infinite Jest and I'm addicted to drugs but I still don't feel sincere enough to go to rehab. What books will help make me more sincere?
>>
You gotta read it again. Wallace said it was a book that was designed to be read at least twice. That's why the jest is infinite. You keep reading it over and over until you're sincere.
>>
>>7891357
tbqhwy maybe. There are many routes you could take when you start reading books. Maybe you'll start thinking you're better than everyone because you've read some fucking meme books. In that case, no, you'll remain or become a condescending dick. But for the most part, I think books help to teach you to empathize with people. The "human condition" meme seems like bullshit, but I do think that reading has actually helped me understand people and myself a lot ever since I started to read.
>>
rehabs for losers bro. you don't need that shit. rehab isn't something you chose. the people I've known who went to rehab were fucking pathetic sorry sad excuses for human beings who have lost everything. I can you ain't there yet nigga.
>>
>>7891368
Shit I read the question wrong as "will books help make me more sincere."

Uhm, fucking Stoner I don't know, fuck you.
>>
>>7891370
I can tell***
>>
>>7891362
I tried doing that but felt kind of smug and ironic when I got to the part about the guy getting potted up on marijuanas.
>>
I'm sorry but this board has messed up my brain. When I see the picture of the cover of Infinite Jest I just start laughing. Infinite Fucking Jest. That book. hahaha. I'm dying.
>>
how bout you smoke some crack and suck a dick faggot

sincerely,

Fuck You
>>
>>7891362
underrated post lmao
>>
I've been reading IJ and I'm about halfway through and I'm thoroughly disappointed. Fuck you and your memes.
>>
shit book and you have to learn to fake that sincere stuff
>>
File: dfw.jpg (122 KB, 1200x700) Image search: [Google]
dfw.jpg
122 KB, 1200x700
>>7891458
You're like a nervous guy, aren't you?
>>
>>7891370
You sound like you've given this a lot of thought.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.