[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the opinion of the poets and poetry-reading posters of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: kb2765_c202_05_u.jpg (61 KB, 750x519) Image search: [Google]
kb2765_c202_05_u.jpg
61 KB, 750x519
What is the opinion of the poets and poetry-reading posters of /lit/ about pic related?

I myself like the fact that Rimbaud seems to use many words and images without any real goal or argument to motivate their use. They are there because they tinkle notes of beauty notes on the reader’s brain. Sometimes he just seems to use words only for the evocative aura that will emanate from them. Some of the poems (most of them, actually) look like bizarre nonsense dreams, and yet they sparkle with beauty, with metaphors (or even just words alone) that wake images and feelings of pleasure and beauty in the brain.
>>
File: 1458516992847.gif (4 MB, 2001x2001) Image search: [Google]
1458516992847.gif
4 MB, 2001x2001
>>7889875

Rimbaud

more like

RIMJOB
>>
>>7889882

Are you br?
>>
>>7889882
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
>>
>>7889875
I've only very briefly dipped my toes in poetry so far but I really like Baudelaire, Tennyson and Milton.
>>
>>7889882
>>7889896

samefag
>>
>>7889875
in my opinion the only goal in rimbaud's poetry was putting the bizarre nonsense dreams down
>>
>>7890178
and when he realized that doing that wasn't revolutionary or universal, but however completely personal and unique to him he just quit and started selling guns in africa
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.