[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this book just a load of feminist claptrap?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 145x214) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 145x214
Is this book just a load of feminist claptrap?
>>
Just crap in general. It's a "thriller". Airport tier.
>>
>>7889818
that's not a book, that was a movie
>>
>>7889818
it's not feminist, the author just felt bad cuz he saw a rape once and didn't do anything. I'd feel pretty bad too. very poorly written

feminist books are cool tho
>>
>>7889818
Using feminist as a derogatory term? Back to pol dude
>>
Any cultural product from Sweden is feminist, leftist and terrible.
>>
>>7890524
It kind of has become a derogatory term because it relates people to the third wave feminists that no one should want any relation to.
>>
>>7890524
>>7890549
The funny thing is that people think second wave feminism was somehow tame by comparison.
The amount of gut-wrenching vitriol, of logical inconsistencies, and of pure hypocrisy that I have seen peddled as "feminism" has sullied the term. Even the Confederate flag and Swastika flew over something of merit.

The only things that the term "feminism" seems to ever decorate are middle class depravity, upper class collusion, and lower class destruction. Banana Man's charity and the way in which Feminist Frequency has responded to it stand as a perfect example.

If you have to choose between calling yourself a "feminist" and a "Nazi," call yourself a Nazi. Malevolent and ignorant, rather than malevolent and stupid.
>>
>>7889818
Fincher proved that there was a good story hidden amongst the terrible and inconsistent writing. To be fair I never know how much of that is due to the translation or not, but I read the first book in the trilogy and couldn't read any more.

That being said, I don't think that this book is overtly bra-burning. There's nothing wrong with feminism inherently, and I think the points that this book makes are in line with any sane person's beliefs. Just don't fucking rape/murder people.
>>
>>7890509
feminist books is like christian art, contradictio in adjecto
>>
>>7890603
>Banana Man's charity and the way in which Feminist Frequency has responded to it stand as a perfect example
what's that??
>>
>>7890604
Fincher is a garbage director
>>
>>7890632
https://www.crowdrise.com/extraordinary-people-daring-to-actually-help-women-/fundraiser/thomaskirk1

TJ set this little number up in response to Anita's latest crowd funding venture.

She's blogged about it and described it as "a misogynist's harassment campaign against her."
>>
I'm so glad I studied humanities in a country where half my classes weren't feminist pesudo thinking.
>>
>>7890667
is she just mad that this guy who makes autistic rants about how shit feminism is all the time is actually helping women 100x more than she ever could?
>>
>>7890679
That, and the fact that it could be considered a sort of "competing" charity.

I think Anita's just mad in general, however.
For a feminist, she's as close to a baptist pastor as you can get, without actually converting. No fun allowed. EVER.
>>
>>7890635
are you from /tv/?
Not saying that he's got a perfect streak, but he has a distinct voice and can competently tell a story visually, often elevating the source material (Dragon Tattoo, Gone Girl, Fight Club).

Why, in your opinion, is he 'garbage'?
>>
>>7890719
He won't be able to answer. He speaks in memes. Fincher is great and his modern work out classes most living directors

But for this thread I actually really liked the first book. I thought that the mystery and the characters were well realized. I even liked the bland writing style; the simplicity and detail of it made it an easy read that at the same time wasn't insulting to my intelligence.
>>
What is essential feminist literature?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.