[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Natasha Rostova a slut? I only watched the tv series but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130 KB, 1920x1080
Was Natasha Rostova a slut? I only watched the tv series but can someone justify her actions because I was so angry with her decision making.
>>
>i only watched the tv series

try reading the book, faggot
>>
>>7889244
Is the book worth it though? I know >muh classics, I was going to get started with it, but the plot for Natasha made me ragequit
>>
>>7889224
is the series good? strongly considered giving it a shot a while ago
>>
>>7889224
She's just young and reckless. She falls in love with everyone she meets and she isn't sure about anything. She's deeply influenced by the people around her and has no confidence. She's just too naive. I really suggest you read War and Peace. She's far more interesting than her portrayal in the tv show. The show isn't bad though, just not long enough to convey all of the novel's nuance. I wish they had more episodes.
>>
>>7889252
thinking about the amount of story they managed to chunk down into the pretty hefty episodes i would say it's very impressive; some people have been arguing that it's a very anglicised interpretation of the book/characters but you have to take these things with a pinch of salt always really
>>
>>7889224
Slut is a meaningless word because everyone gives it different weight.
>>
>>7889224
No, she's just a naive young girl. She's 16 years old when she's engaged to Andrei and tries to run off with Anatole Kuragin. She really doesn't understand what's going on with Andrei and his family, and she doesn't understand what kind of a person (~PLAYAAA~) Anatole is.

Helen, now, there's a slut.
>>
>>7889248
It really is worth a read. Personally I didn't find Natasha objectionable at all reading it, just remember she's an innocent pretty teenager and not a gap-cheeked icy sex goddess as apparently portrayed in your teevee show.
>>
>>7889248
did i read this correctly? someone in a literature forum asked if War and Peace is worth reading? i can't. i'm out of here.
>>
File: 1402853778897.png (184 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1402853778897.png
184 KB, 499x499
>>7889414
>when Helen dies from her failed abortion
Why are there no W&P Pepes
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.