[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Min Kamp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 427x441) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 427x441
2 > 1 > 3 > 4

So far the first two were the best, then 3 was pretty good, about childhood, was comfy, then 4 isn't bad, but not as good as 3.

What about 5 and 6? Are they a return to form? Or does the decline keep going? I'm still enjoying 4, but man, 1 and 2 were outstanding and it hasn't been that good since.
>>
5 is out in English now. It's fairly mellow and has a similar tone to 4 but I'd say it's the third best.
>>
>>7888547
Not out in America yet. Soon.
>>
Why do people think his book are so good? Reading his first book now, I don't get it
>>
>>7888580
Holy fuck! New Zealand got something before the US. This is a fucking historic moment.
>>
Someone should tell him that Hitler has a copyright on every book called "Mein Kampf".
>>
>>7888664
Well you always get Christmas and Birthdays first.
>>
is that the guy who keeps talking about his 6 part memoir he intended to send to a publisher in a pizza-box?
>>
>>7888526

I'm 1/4 through book 6. So far, I'd rank them:

2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 3.

His conversations with Geir are literary gold.

>>7888658

Probably because they are profound and very well written.
>>
>>7888738
Topkek
>>
>>7888749
Glad to hear 5 and 6 are better than 3 and 4.
>>
>>7888749
>His conversations with Geir are literary gold.

Fucking this, which might be the reason #2 is the best.

Also, as someone who's finished with the entire series I'd kinda agree with this ranking.

6 is very different from the others, I mean 400+ pages just an extremely in-depth analysis of Mein Kampf and Hitler's life. He also spends like 20 pages analysing a single short poem. And if you're not into that stuff chances are you'll be bored to tears. Personally I loved Knausgårds insights and perspectives on these subjects but I realise it might not be for everyone. It's all worth it though imo just for the satisfying closure to the entire series that Knausgård provides the reader.
>>
is he better or proust?
>>
Anyone got what I read what I expected for this?
>>
>>7888794

I actually find that 1, 2, 5 and 6 so far are close to equally great, with 2 being the only one notably better.

There's a large gap between those and 3 and 4, but I still find 3 - and 4 in particular - to be very good literature. They just seem to lack the somewhat essayistic style and the interludes of profound reflections that makes the other four books so outstandingly good.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.