[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If 4chan can create successful visual novels, why can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
If 4chan can create successful visual novels, why can't it create successful novels?
>>
Most novels have only one author, rather than the entire team it takes to develop a game. And there ARE 4chan posters writing novels. /lit/ is fucking full of them.
>>
File: 1296631749382.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1296631749382.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>7885965
>/lit/ is full of them
>>
>>7885969
I didn't say any of the novels they were writing were good.
>>
>>7885951
>imply gas-kun
>>
>>7885951

1. Most of the writers on /lit/ suck at writing.

2. Whenever a novel is written on /lit/, most of the participants demand that it is written in the same anarchic style as a 4chan thread. (not saying that this makes it impossible to create a successful novel, but the lack of organization makes it more difficult to write something readable)

3. successful novels are generally not collaborative. it is difficult to create a coherent voice when many people are participating.
>>
>>7885951
Lilly is best girl
>>
>successful
>>
>>7885991

No, Emi is.
>>
>>7886013

Katawa Shoujo is frequently rated by both critics and fans as one of the best visual novels of all time. Granted the medium is lacklustre, most VNs designed to appeal to a very specific and on-the-whole-not-that-culturally-switched-on demographic, but for an anonymous internet forum filled with puerile nonsense and casual bigotry, that's pretty good going.
>>
>>7886119
>Emi is the cutest, but Lilly is the overall best option.
>>
>>7885981
>40 year old autist spends 20 years writing shitty genre fic
>works minimum wage and hangs out with fat neckbeards
>wonders why no one will publish his autism
>>
>>7885951
I played the blond girl's route and never bothered doing anything else tbqhwy
>>
Who /hanako/ here?

it was rape tbqh
>>
>>7886256
He will be successful., i can bet over it.
>>
the imageboard is a visual medium
>>
File: Char_misha.png (70 KB, 180x300) Image search: [Google]
Char_misha.png
70 KB, 180x300
Tfw Misha was best girl, but had no route, besides one uncomfortable rapey scene.
>>
>>7886391
>>7886290

Seemed like no one could escape Hisao's sex drive
>>
The veiled reference to Pynchon in the Emi path was wonderfully /lit/.
>>
>>7885971

Actually a couple of anons posted some fairly creditable novellas in a critique thread once. I saved them to my hard drive, slicing and dicing the better passages for a creative writing module I did at uni and getting the highest grade on the course without writing a single world.

4chan is a website filled with gifted and talented individuals who conceal their true worth behind inanities as a defence mechanism triggered by the understanding that our civilization is in its death throes, cerebral brilliance now a hindrance to self-advancement in a society that perceives the banal as the astute and the thoughtless as wise.
>>
>>7885969

But it is. I've read some stuff on here that has markedly altered my view in a way that three years of education at one of Britain's finest institutes of learning never did.
>>
>>7886290
Dude no all through that passage he's asking her if it's okay and she says yes. It's ambiguous whether she liked it, but she did consent.
Rin best girl
>>
>>7885965

>Most novels have only one author

Apart from Shakespeare's plays.
>>
>>7887192

Funnily enough I actually exhorted my little brother to not bother with uni and just spend three years shitposting on 4chan. He's already got his first publishing deal and I'm just a random ALT in Japan trying to write a light novel about a sexually frustrated high school boy who really likes the most popular girl in his class but can't work up the nerves to ask her out.
>>
Rin's clearly best girl you mouthbreathing autistic plebs.
>>
>>7887220
>insulting people over who you like the most
Rin wouldn't like that, anon.
>>
>>7887220
Please anon, we were having a nice discussion until you came along
>>
>>7887171
yeah that was pretty great

best reference best girl
>>
>>7885951
If this is a challenge, then I suggest someone open a document and prove OP right.
>>
>tfw a friend you grew up with writes visual novels for a living and asked you to edit his most recent one

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of visual novels, but it's fun to work on something with a group rather than individual writing, for once. I think that the "group effort" thing spurs everyone to work harder and the collaboration is a lot of fun.
>>
File: 4L_6BWuBGlS.jpg (314 KB, 1158x2048) Image search: [Google]
4L_6BWuBGlS.jpg
314 KB, 1158x2048
>>7887185
posts like this give me hope
>>
>>7887192
links?
>>7887196
>>novels
>plays
>>
>>7887185
Proof?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.