[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I stop browsing this piece of shit website and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1
File: 1439137590155.png (298 KB, 2271x2380) Image search: [Google]
1439137590155.png
298 KB, 2271x2380
Why can't I stop browsing this piece of shit website and read my book?
>>
because reading is boring and browsing this shitty place allows you to funpost
>>
>>7885655
>reading is boring
>>
>>7885649
why is that image so high fucking resolution?
>>
>>7885671
Ur mum
>>
>>7885665
>having opinions is morally wrong
>>
>>7885687
>he doesn't know what board he's on currently
>>
>>7885697
>implying I'm not allowed to share my opinion simply because it's not the mainstream one
>implying it actually isn't slightly mainstream around here nowadays
wew
>>
because reading is utter shit and shitposting is utter fun

/lespoiler/(xD)/lespoiler/
>>
>>7885707
XDDDDDD
>>
>>7885707
>>7885727
x------DDDDDDD
>>
serious response:

maybe you're tired. sleeping well/regularly?

maybe you're stressed out. something you should be doing?

maybe you're not reading the right books. following bad recommendations or don't know where to go for good ones?

maybe you don't like reading and this place offers immediate satisfaction.
>>
>>7885743
Serious answer: yea I do feel tired often
>>
>>7885754
i'd get on that. bed time before midnight does wonders
>>
>>7885743
Or maybe he's addicted to instant gratification like most millennials and he wants to grow up.
>>
>>7885760
I go to bed at 9pm lol. Up at 5 for work

>>7885764
You could be on to something....
>>
>>7885764
i instantly gratified myself in your mum if you catch my drift
>>
I find using the library is good for procrastination. I get a few books and then am motivated on finishing them as their due date approaches
>>
>>7885777
his mom caught my drift if you get my point
>>
>>7885777
Yeah, she told me how embarrassing it was and also unsatisfying.
>>
>>7885772
That's what I realized.
Between: fast food, television, internet, video games, etc.. it's easy to become accustomed to getting what you want right away. Books don't give that, so when the satisfaction of achievement doesn't hit right away, boredom does.
>>
>>7885806
I only do 1 of those, guess which?
>>
>>7885701
>>implying it actually isn't slightly mainstream around here nowadays
Er. No. There's just a vocal, contrarian, and stupid minority
>>
>>7885813
Hmmm. Jerking off?
Oh yeah, whoops. I forgot since I didn't put them all, you wouldn't think of more.
I'll let you guess why.
>>
>>7885850
Just because I have a tendency to do activities with instant gratification, does not make me an idiot. I'm well read, and have a degree. I just post here way too much.
>>
>>7885861
It doesn't make you an idiot; you're right.

However, activities that relinquish pleasure instantly are, obviously, transient. Whereas, pursuits of wisdom or virtue yield a static satsifaction, or so I've found.

Im not the Anon you're responding to, by the way. I think the purported correlation between stupidity and instant gratification stems from the notion that those who prefer instant gratification don't understand that long-term satisfaction is (supposedly) superior.
>>
>>7886003
That's a great response. Also stupid people and instant gratification go hand in hand because lack of forseight.
>>
>>7886064
Addiction doesn't imply stupidity. There are plenty of intelligent alcoholics, opiate addicts, et cetera. It's not a matter of intelligence.
>>
>>7886106
Well that's not what I was suggesting.
>>
>>7886126
It wasn't a direct reply to your point, retard. I simply quoted you as a springboard to start my own digression.
>>
>>7885764
It's a heavy addiction to overcome, my friend.
I'm 23, so luckily I had a fairly engaging child-hood, but oh man, when video games and cable television started becoming the social norm, all bets were off.
Fuck man, instant gratification was spoon-fed to my generation like no other, it's definitely worth overcoming though.
But come on mate, everyone has the propensity to be addicted to instant gratification... and it appears in different forms.
Video games, the internet, junk food, masturbation, smoking, drugs, alcohol, TV...
All things we are guilty of at some time or another, in some degree (more or less)
It seems Millennials get a lot of flak, but we are the product of our environment, and ours is an uphill battle.
>>
>>7885861
I'm the person you replied to and I must say, you missed my point. I wasn't calling you an idiot, nor did I imply it. I was enforcing my point. You only considered the options I laid before you and immediately responded without considering all others that I hadn't. Which was surprising to me (not in a good way) because it seemed as though you initially agreed with me.
You used the word 'idiot'. Not me.
>>
>>7886143
I was assuming he was a millennial. Everyone, as a given, participates in some form of Instant gratification. It'd be foolish to believe otherwise.
>>
>>7886140
Woah there edgelord. No need to use ad homenims.

>>7886151
You seemed to imply I was an idiot. You listed major addictions , and I was simply saying of the ones's you listed I only fell victim to one. You were implying I only perceived those answers, because they were given to me ( instant) and I was satisfied with that.
>>
>>7885764

yeah only one generation of humans is addicted to instant gratification.

that's why us millenials invented heroin, alcohol, meth, weed, prostitution, gambling, and fast food.

shitheaded faggot.
>>
>>7886179
>you seemed to imply I was an idiot
>you were implying I only perceived those answers because they were given to me (instant) and I was satisfied with that

Yes, that's what you said, followed by what I said (with some degree of contradiction in your statement).
Congratulations.
>>
>>7885820
>implying it's not the patricians who think that
>>
>>7886190
>why can't I stop browsing this piece of shit website

You have the reading comprehension of a child.
>>
>>7885649
You find this site so compelling probably from a mixture of A) You are a very lonely person and B) You are not very intelligent or experienced and thus you think what happens here is good/funny discourse.
>>
>>7886195
You are missing the part where you foolishly assumed you knew everything about my life.
>>
>>7886211
To be fair, it is one of the last bastions of free speech.
>>
>>7886222
Human behavior is rather predictable, Snowflake.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.