[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Kansas go full plebeian?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
http://si-news.com/this-library-in-kansas-city-is-a-giant-bookshelf-of-25-foot-tall-books-which-are-recommendations-from-the-community
>>
>>7885356
This library in Kansas City is a giant bookshelf of 25 foot tall books which are recommendations from the community
>>
Surprisingly okay for public recommendations
>>
>>7885370
this. it's actually really good for a public rec.
>>
>>7885356
pretty good actually, positively surprised
>>
>>7885356
>Their Eyes Were Watching God
>one of the worst books ever written
>Tao Te Ching - Lao Tsu
>using Wade-Giles
>Tolkien
>Women
>emphasis on black people
>Genre Fiction
>one of McCullogh's weaker books

no, not really OP
>>
Largely garbage, as one would predict, with a few gems.
>>
>>7885376
you've just named everything wrong with it and then disagreed with my post
>>
>>7885386
what would you recommend?
>>
>>7885389
i meant yes OP :^)
>>
>>7885356

Looks like a nice balance that hits a sweet spot of meeting actual real people where they are while still showing (some of) them things they might not know
>>
That's a really weird thing to walk by. I guess I'm not used to the images of books being plastered in a hyperreal manner.
>>
>>7885356
that's actually pretty cool. all our facades or murals where i'm from are of sports teams.
>>
>>7885391
this is /lit/, right?

the walls should have the meme trilogy to recursive infinity
>>
Lots of shit and just plain boring choices, but not nearly as terrible as it could've been.
>>
Its even got the spanish of Marquez instead of some pleb english
>>
When was this built?
>>
they should have done it based on /lit/ suggestions

Gr Rainbow
Inf Jest
Lolita
TaiPei
Legacy of Totalitarianism
>>
>>7885356

I live here. I guarantee the influx of progressive liberals with have every white male removed from here in 5 years.
>>
>>7885748
what? are you sure you been haven't visiting /pol/ too much. I don't think that stuff happens in real life
>>
>>7885752
cuck
>>
>>7885356
>>7885358
I don't care as long as they have qt patootie librarians
>>
>>7885747
I'm pretty sure it's just called Taipei

Taipei is a city in Taiwan (not TaiWan), you know
>>
that's the tackiest thing ever
>>
>>7885356
good job wasting tax dollars

fuck making public schools not shit, getting children (or adults for that matter) to actually read or doing anything useful at all whatsoever, lets just put up a bunch of giant books lmao
>>
>>7886194
as if you ever paid tax dollars m8
>>
>>7886177
Tackier than illiteracy?
>>
>>7886205
these giant books you can't read are sure to make everybody more literate!

this shit was full of graffiti five minutes after they propped it up
>>
>>7886194
what isn't a waste of "tax dollars"
>>
I see the hard core utilitarian edgelords have appeared.
AUGUSTUS, WHY DO WE NEED ALL THIS MARBLE, THAT MONEY COULD GO TO TEACHING PLEBS HOW TO SUCK AT MATH
>>
>>7886216
yet I don't see many other libraries making the front page of /lit/
>>
anons, make 4chan Kentucky library in photoshop with meme literature
>>
>>7886235
a lot of things
>>
>>7886621
you lose
>>
>>7886596
OP supports this
>>
How have you guys never seen this before? Being awed by this on rare childhood trips to the city partly inspired me to read deeper.
>>
>>7886596
thats harder than it seems unless you just change the names on them
>>
File: 1414027220801.png (233 KB, 486x532) Image search: [Google]
1414027220801.png
233 KB, 486x532
>>7885356
>Silent Spring
>>
>>7885356
>>7885748

The funny thing is that, outside of liberal college students (who get the hell out of Kansas immediately after graduating), Kansas is filled with racist conservatives who are right up /lit/'s alley.
>>
>>7886916
That's pretty bad if they got a low retention of keeping students in the state. My state keeps a healthy majority of students inside the state.
>>
>>7886216
It's called advertising, asshat. Corporations spend billions of dollars on it because it works.
>>
why is everyone talking about this just because it was on reddit. it's been there for ages
>>
>>7886596
BUMPIX
>>
File: pepeatlas.png (166 KB, 390x390) Image search: [Google]
pepeatlas.png
166 KB, 390x390
>>7885356
>Came to see GOAT Atlas Shrugged
>Disappoint.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.