[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fight about Nietzsche, /lit/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: 1451384538851.jpg (15 KB, 168x255) Image search: [Google]
1451384538851.jpg
15 KB, 168x255
Fight about Nietzsche, /lit/.
>>
'no'
>>
>>7885126
I know you want it.
>>
>>7885123
Full quote
. . .

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?
—Nietzsche, The Gay Science, Section 125, tr. Walter Kaufmann
>>
In truth, there was only one christian and he died on the cross.
>>
File: masterplan.jpg (3 MB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
masterplan.jpg
3 MB, 1400x1050
he doesnt is knowing
>>
Sam Harris debunked literally all he said (albeit not directly) in Waking Up and The Moral Landscape. Along with a few podcasts
>>
>>7885140
Who is this?
>>
>>7885154
>hasn't heard of the most important thinker of the last millenium

Oh dear
>>
File: images.jpg (18 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18 KB, 384x384
>>7885159
>>
File: ubermensch.jpg (27 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
ubermensch.jpg
27 KB, 460x276
>>7885164
literally
who
is
this
scrub
>>
I feel there is something about Nietzsche that destined him to be remembered. He has a very memorable character.
>>
>>7885123
Nietzche was a fucking whiny try-hard with a good mind, a few smart things to say, and a bad case of existentialist pessimism.
>>
>>7885188
Nietzsche was not a pessimistic or a nihilistic.
>>
>>7885168
Alain de Benoist.
>>
>>7885188
A horribly dismissive and reductive portrayal, would more accurately describe some of his annoying devotees. This is admittedly how I imagined I would find Nietzsche before I actually read much of his work. He was a respectable thinker and a much better writer than many philosophers I'd read previously.
>>
>>7885212
I felt the same. I thought I would read some edgy teen stuff and it was quite the opposite.
>>
File: Übermensch_Finale_Form.jpg (526 KB, 950x715) Image search: [Google]
Übermensch_Finale_Form.jpg
526 KB, 950x715
>>7885123
He wrote awesome stuff, BTFO people left and right and was a self-righteous, yet entertaining asshole. That makes him more interesting than 90% of all philosophers.
>>
>>7885123
literally pubescent's first philo book. a meme philosopher on par with Heraclitus. Should be fucking discarded into the trash where he belongs
>>
>>7885269
>comparing Nietzsche to Heraclitus as an insult
okay, i give up: are you stupid or trolling?
>>
>>7885132
>God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him
[[[[CITATION NEEDED]]]]
>>
>>7885123
political correctness is slave morality.

>While the noble man lives for himself with trust and candour (gennaios, meaning “of noble birth” stresses the nuance “upright” and also probably “naïve”); the man of resentment is neither upright nor naïve, nor honest and direct with himself. His soul squints. His spirit loves hiding places, secret paths, and back doors. Everything furtive attracts him as his world, his security, his refreshment. He understands about remaining silent, not forgetting, waiting, temporarily diminishing himself, humiliating himself. […]

>[…] imagine for yourself “the enemy” as a man of resentment conceives him—and right here we have his action, his creation: he has conceptualized “the evil enemy,” “the evil one,” as a fundamental idea—and from that he now thinks his way to an opposite image and counterpart, a “good man”— himself!
>>
>>7885279
Neither. I think you may be too young to use this site however.
>>
>>7885284
w e w l a d
>>
>>7885288
You think a lot of dumb shit for someone who gets dubs, anon-kun, why wouldn't that validate Nietzsche's and Heraclitus' chaotic universes?
>>
>>7885297
Because Parmenides was right about everything and Nietzsche child's play
>>
>>7885298
>nietzsche is child's play

nietzshitposters everyone
>>
>>7885298
>only reason
>no change
>i only appeared to walk into the wall
>in the real world nobody can see i'm not retarded
I see why people don't leave you near Nietzsche or children to find out what they're like.
>>
>>7885312
something does not generate from nothing f a m
>>
File: fedora child.jpg (127 KB, 516x826) Image search: [Google]
fedora child.jpg
127 KB, 516x826
>>7885123
Share pictures of philosophers as nubile young boys and we decide which one would have the tightest boipucci.
>>
File: 1283536265020.jpg (664 KB, 3294x1451) Image search: [Google]
1283536265020.jpg
664 KB, 3294x1451
>>7885321
>operating from the idea that nothing is an actual empty rather than a no-thing, a permanently displaced and nameless Thing
>>
>>7885321
even parmenides doesn't believe that or he wouldn't warn you off it
>>
>>7885329
>thinking nothing is something
>thinking anything changes if it is

lol
>>
XXV. PITIFUL.

My friend, namely the satire of your friend,
Behold Zarathustra! In the animal it is huge.
"As for human, him himself is to inspection 1:
The Verily, as for me there are no merciful ones like those:

happiness is sympathy."

On the other hand, and as for the shroud of my head,
The Verily, it suffers for the sake of these,
"When learning the fact that we enjoy well
unlearn where we give pain to other things well,

devise pain."

Happiness am I as the friend to the friend,
But as for others and the paupers perhaps,
"At the time of the ampere of the world,
where the pitiful is larger somewhere,

The shame which is less than that."

My brethren at the time of ampere
To them, possession of demon it is,
Therefore in me spake time demon one time:
"That hell hath of uniform God -

That love for the person where is that."

Therefore spake Zarathustra.

(trans. from the original Japanese by the Amanojaku)
>>
>>7885136
and he was a jew.
>>
>>7885136
What about Spinoza
>>
>>7885140
How? Nietzsche hits so many areas so hard that you barely call his thought coherent in itself, nevermind finding nothing in it or disagreeing with all of it.

How does he respond to Platonism for the masses?
What's Harris' take on nihilism?
How does he respond to nietzsche's claim that people use science to replace God?
>>
>>7885483
Harris essentially has the formula for all of life. He's solved it. So yeh... that includes Freddy too. Sorry.
>>
>>7885123
Hail, Nietzsche! We need you for new book with name "Allah is dead"
>>
>>7885132
He hasn't read enough of Nietzsche to understand the citation for the statement has already been given.

oh anon...
>>
File: baitadam.png (148 KB, 2500x1645) Image search: [Google]
baitadam.png
148 KB, 2500x1645
>>7885140
>>
>>7885140
Debunked? His perspective is mostly in alignment with Nietzsche, not against it.
>>
I'm a nihilist, trust me.
>>
>>7886011
trust is an illusion anon
>>
Say there is a dangerous sport that I love like biking down mountains. At what point does the risk of being injured overpass the satisfaction I get from doing it?

Does Nietzsche advocate self destruction if its in the favour of the individual?
>>
Truth and Lying in an Extra-Moral Sense was the first thing I read in college. Thought it was pretty interesting, ended up writing about how he forms an aesthetic ethics. Undergrad buzzwords everywhere

I also go to Columbia and find it somewhat insufferable sometimes
>>
Why do you hate God? WHY DO YOU HATE GOD??
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.