[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever finished a book in one sitting? What book was it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1459526731749.jpg (64 KB, 600x566) Image search: [Google]
1459526731749.jpg
64 KB, 600x566
Have you ever finished a book in one sitting? What book was it? How long did it take?
did you go potty at all during the sitting?

>inb4 50-page short story or manifesto
>inb4 my diary tbqhwyf
>>
PKD's Valis, it was a great time. Haven't read it since, but still consider it one of the best books I've ever read.
>>
In the miso soup by the other murakami. Probably the worst book I've ever read
>>
Not quite one sitting but I read TFIOS in 24 hours.
>>
>>7883831
I read this 100ish page book called Monster in one sitting when I was younger. All I know is I enjoyed it when I read it but I don't remember much because I read it when I was 12-13.
>>
nope. I'm a weakling. I can't even read most long short stories in a sitting
>>
>>7883855
kek, same thing here, read it through 2 classical antiquity lectures (I didn't realize the first one had ended)
It is indeed a horrible book, way too edgy to be written by an adult. Embarassing
>>
>>7883831
i read the fault in our stars immediately followed by anansi boys by neil gaiman over the course of like 6 or 7 hours once. didnt even get out of bed
>>
Tao Lin's 'Richard Yates', The Catcher in the Rye, and some poetry collections.
>>
>>7883831
Reminder that based Poe said that all works of literature should be able to be read in one sitting.
>>
>>7883831
The Stranger, took a couple of hours. Did Slaughterhouse 5 on the journey to and from uni, a fair few others too.
>>
>>7883879
that was my shit
>>
>>7883831
Frisk by Dennis Cooper. It took about two and a half hours but I wasn't able to sleep afterwards
>>
You're supposed to read FW in one sitting, start over at the beginning, and repeat ad infinitum according to Joyce
>>
>>7883831
Pretty much anything by Vonnegut.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.