[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the verdict on this one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: House_of_leaves.jpg (19 KB, 330x435) Image search: [Google]
House_of_leaves.jpg
19 KB, 330x435
What's the verdict on this one?
>>
reddit
>>
MZD wears a fucking fedora. Everywhere.
>>
gimmicky trash, but kinda fun / spooky

look through the archive y doncha
>>
Kill yourself objectively you fucking pseud
>>
It's shit
>>
Cool idea but the scenes outside the house (the diary shit) was like fanfic tier writing.
>>
Read it yourself and live your own life.
>>
>>7883225
It's a nice coffee table book.
>>
File: 1373420240453.jpg (69 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
1373420240453.jpg
69 KB, 520x678
>>7883225
Was the author Zampano or the mother?
>>
last time i went into manhattani saw some guy posing with that on the train trying to get on that hot guys reading on the train website, but he was only mediocre and his book taste was pedestrian
>>
The epitome of style over substance

The easiest way to tell if someone has no understanding of what constitutes depth in literature is to ask them if they like this book
>>
the Navidson record stuff is fun, but the rest is pretty lame.
>>
>>7883803
Pretty much this.

I think that the way the Navidson story is told warrants a bit of a frame story of sorts, but it's way overdone and not that interesting
>lol is it real is if fantasy
>maybe I'm a butterfly dreaming I'm a man

When I was reading any non-Navidson stuff I couldn't wait to get back to the Navidson stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (289 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
289 KB, 500x667
>>7883264
I thought you were joking, damn.
>>
It'd good, genuinely spooky at parts. By no means high literature, but what the fuck do you want?
>>
>>7883688
how does liking something = it has profound depth? why aren't you just allowed to like things because they are fun?
>>
Dunno about the book but the series House of Five Leaves it's pretty good m8.
>>
>>7884731
Leaves of Grass is also pretty good.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.