[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reasonably infuriating "My writing is how I deal with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 5619.jpg (94 KB, 1400x840) Image search: [Google]
5619.jpg
94 KB, 1400x840
Reasonably infuriating

"My writing is how I deal with the insanity and brevity and beauty of life. With losing friends, or the world in crisis, or my marriage falling apart. It’s everything I know and feel and need to process. Everything I observe or am shown or try to shield my eyes from."

Honestly, I prefer half the stuff I read in critique threads here. I'd rather read some NEET talking about living with their parents than read someone so terribly fucking pleased with themselves.

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/apr/01/kate-tempest-difficult-look-words-pegs-hang-plot-from
>>
>sentence where she lists three things
Wow she's such an intelligent and breathtaking and capable writer
>>
>At the beginning of an idea, there is the feeling that it could go anywhere, but it usually wants to be expressed in a particular way.

first sentence has shit punctuation. DROPPED
>>
Why do you write /lit/?
>>
>>7883490
A e s t h e t i c s
>>
>>7883490
Because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it.
>>
>>7883490
For the same reason one vomits
>>
>>7883490
Aesthetics
>>
>>7883490
L'art pour l'art
>>
File: tired frog.jpg (33 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
tired frog.jpg
33 KB, 251x242
>>7883547
I bet you think you're funny and clever and witty.
>>
>>7883490
To get rid off. Like taking a shit.
>>
>>7883490
In a relationship. Gotta vent my desire to fuck little girls somewhere.
>>
File: 1419294053679.jpg (79 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1419294053679.jpg
79 KB, 612x612
>>7883640
Good taste.
>>
File: 1422764590407.jpg (993 KB, 2400x3541) Image search: [Google]
1422764590407.jpg
993 KB, 2400x3541
>>7883640

are you a pedo? that's cool :)
>>
>>7883623
It's three things in one sentence day.
>>
>>7883490
Bit of the same reason people play the lottery I suppose, except with social prestige to boot. Escapism too. Whenever things get hard, my mind goes kind of cloudy and I start obsessively working on it. Building things of thought that are anywhere but here. It is an involving distraction which is more than can be said of most distractions.
>>
>>7882603
lmao this girl is so fucking smug. It's a resume wrapped in faux literary prose.

It is probably intentional though. It is an advertisement for her work as an artist to get people wrapped up in her self-sure personality. If I was her publisher, I would tell her to do something similar. Modesty isn't a good marketing scheme.
>>
>>7882603
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM09uPsvWIM
lol
>>
>>7882603
women love to display a lack of narcissism, in order to hide their egotism
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.