[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't literature ever try to advance now that we have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: composite_14596253019086.jpg (54 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
composite_14596253019086.jpg
54 KB, 500x359
Why doesn't literature ever try to advance now that we have reached the point where we communicate by meme?

We have powerful meaning operators that go unused. Nobody still codes in assembly these days, it takes too long so they use Python (a higher level language), with its inbuilt libraries (stores of meaning). I'm not saying assembly isn't useful in some situations, it is. Just not all.

As one example: We live in a time where the entire epoch of existentialist literature can be brought up and expressed solely with the word "DUDE".
>>
memes are the decay of language, not the growth.
memes destroy literature, not create it.
>>
>>7881730

Wrong, memes are a potent store of value that are more powerful than words could ever be when used correctly
>>
who is that semon demon with an ugly face?
>>
>>7881724
>example: We live in a time where the entire epoch of existentialist literature can be brought up and expressed solely with the word "DUDE".

You're a pleb with trash opinions. When was the last time you saw the sun? Go to /soc/ and join a cock rate thread DUDE
>>
I don't see why you'd think memes weren't always around. It's not as formal a technical tool as Leitmotivs.
Or do you speak of image macros?
>>
>>7881753
they're thoughtless tribal grunts designed to be inclusive and signal primitive emotions. they actively destroy capacity for abstract thought.
>>
>>7881724
>where the entire epoch of existentialist literature can be brought up and expressed solely with the word "DUDE".
what??
>>
>>7883098
DUDE NOTHIGNMATTERS LMAO
>>
>>7881753
>>7881724
This man understands.
>>
>>7881724
I agree 100% memes are the future. Anyone who disses memes is like those guys who dissed Joyce for not conforming to the standards of 19th century realism. Real memetic hyperliterature is what we all should be aiming for
>>
brah memes r liek future herioglyphics
>>
>>7883105
pls kys thxbai
>>
>>7883706
The memetic future; enhanced post-literate society. Return of repressed pre-literate forms, sound, image, tactility, improvisation and impermanence.Obvious parallels with aboriginal dreamtime, constant collective mythopoesis, endless play and endless possibilities. 2bh I can't wait.
>>
>>7883733
The situationists wanted to abolish the Art/Life distinction, well there you go, it's within our reach
>>
File: swastikas.gif (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
swastikas.gif
19 KB, 400x400
You're very clever young man, but it's memes all the way back.
>>
memes are the essence of humanity and all thought
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.