[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Book of Job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: jobc101.jpg (68 KB, 504x414) Image search: [Google]
jobc101.jpg
68 KB, 504x414
Holy shit, this was probably the best thing I've ever read. Even without any religious significance it might have for me, it's just a really great poetic story.

The speeches express so much raw emotion and it tells so much about the human condition despite being such a short and simple story.

What's /lit/'s opinion on this religious literature? What's /lit/'s favorite religious literature.
>>
WAGESLAVE IDEOLOGY desu
>>
>>7880135
iI was 15 once too, you know.
>>
>your lord and savior will never destroy your life just to settle a bet

feels good man
>>
File: il_340x270.587690507_hq0d.jpg (20 KB, 340x270) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.587690507_hq0d.jpg
20 KB, 340x270
Biblically speaking, Song of Solomon is a great short romantic piece that I love. Then, there's Ecclesiastes which is a great book that starts out with the Solomon speaking about how meaningless life is, but then he discovers meaning in it all.

I mean, I'm a Christian, so I might be biased, but the Bible, even on a purely secular level, has a lot of great poetry and writing in it.

Non-Biblically speaking, my favorite novel - Les Miserables - hit me hard from a religious standpoint. Just to see the pure Christian heart of the Bishop, to see the radical redemption of Jean Valjean, and the legalistic and rigid religiosity of Javert is just mind blowing to me. Only book to make me tear up besides The Ending of "The Last Battle" and some strongly written theology books.
>>
>>7880141
so you can remember yeserday congrats lol
>>
>>7880116
>What's /lit/'s favorite religious literature.

John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zAWfdvucwg
>>
>>7880116
"Of what use is it to me that this man has suffered, if I am suffering now?" - Borges
>>
>>7881260
>what is companionship in suffering
>>
>>7881260

that you do not suffer in vain.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.