[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I be postmodern, /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 217x218) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 217x218
How can I be postmodern, /lit/?
>>
>>7878162
you gotta modernize then go beyond that I mean the word is self-explanatory.
>>
>>7878162
You gotta be contrarian that's all
>>
>>7878162
Find something or someone that was going on before you and call it modern
>>
Unironic post-irony
>>
>>7878162
Read: New Sincerity
>>
Purple prose with no purpose.
>>
>>7878162
let your cat drive your car.
>>
>>7878162
just fuck your shit up.
>>
It starts with your attitude. Your entire purpose of creating is a desire to "be a writer". You should spend a lot of time imagining people respecting and revering you for discovering a brand new way of writing a novel. "Wow, only someone as brilliant as anon could have thought this one up! Nobody has ever done anything like this before!"

Technically, just practice absurdism and non-linear narrative. Post-modernism is sales puff for idiots who don't understand art. Get a strong marketing team.
>>
Hi there friend! Would you like to be postmodern! Simply sign me this paper and you can walk all over to the nearest K-mart and purchase a nice, cool, refreshing cup of full throttle Irony Drink, inexpensive as much as you think it tastes good!

\\Sign quickly! Sign before the day is over!

You can be a post-modern God(tm) of the **meta** on /lit/. Just sign here!

Puh-please s ign here I'm so broke please plase please i need your money just give me your money please my kids are in Africa dying of my ironical situation oh dose this anger you /lit/ this shitty writing?

Simply sign this and you can have your free energy drink!
>>
>>7878162
be so influenced by modernism that you unconsciously move beyond it in your work
>>
Since time is cyclical, start writing like the greeks
>>
wear small round black sunglasses
become introverted and call yourself a postmodernist

that's it
>>
>>7878162
postmodernism is already done.
>>
>>7878162
dont give a true or only meaning for your work, let people be able to interpret it for what they want-- everyone (including yourself) then has a different look at ur stuff.
>>
>>7878992
This is postmodern, OP
>>
>>7878976
neither absurdism or non-linear narratives are post-modern. they're barely modern
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.