[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jodorowsky's Dune
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: Jodorowskis dune.jpg (10 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
Jodorowskis dune.jpg
10 KB, 261x193
I just watched Jodorowsky's Dune, the documentary about the Dune movie that was never made, and i'm interested to hear what others think of it.

I felt like he would have butchered it! It looked awful. His modifications seemed to me to completely miss the point of the book. Paul dies? His spirit goes into all other people and they speak with his voice? The planet dune itself becomes lush and green and then travels through the universe touching other planets and then disappears?

Furthermore, having Mick Jagger and salvadore dali would have hugely detracted from the film, especially hearing the absurd demands of Dali.

Thank god it never got made. It would have ruined Dune for those who hadn't read it, and would have been a commercial disaster and set back science fiction movies by a decade.

...at least, that's my opinion.
>>
>>7878041
>film should be a direct adaptation of the original source!! I can't understand how you could make a movie based on the universe of a book and still make a good film.

Way to spot a pleb.

And btw, if you knew jodorowski, he doesnt really care about the plot, and you shouldn't too
>>
>2016
>falls for the Jodorowsky's Dune meme
>>
>>7878041

it would've been one of the greatest movies of all time. everything jodorowsky touches turns into gold, like he's some kind of freaky alchemist or something . . .
>>
>>7878076
Wrong thread
>>
>>7878058
>Lynch
lmaaao
>>
>>7878041
>would have been a commercial disaster and set back science fiction movies by a decade
Like the movie Dune that was actually made? Are you aware of it?

I fucking hate Jodoworsky and his tiny shriveled dick with a vengeance but at least he has artistic integrity and doesn't strive to make a word for word adaptation to please cinematically illiterate fanboys.
>>
>>7878041
you are a pleb and an idiot

seriously, how can anyone dislike the idea of salvador dali as the emperor of mankind?

everything about the film oozed artistic vision and insanity

yes it likely wouldve been a huge flop but also a cult classic and would've likely had huge influence on all following sci-fi flicks and I dare to say that the world is a lesser place when it didn't get made
>>
>>7878106

why do you have big J?

>>7878097

are you okay?
>>
>>7878041
>and would have been a commercial disaster and set back science fiction movies by a decade.
jodos dune never even having been attempted would have set back sci-fi movies for two, it had a shitload of influence even though it never even was made
>>
>>7878041

I think as an adaptation of Dune it would have failed tremendously, but as a science fiction movie in general it would have been something great.
>>
Yeah nah. Would have sucked, contributed nothing, the one that was actually made was awful but still better than this, thank god was never made, Star Wars did much more for science fiction by proving it can be profitable, you're all morons.
>>
I'm still waiting for this to exist as an animated feature. I think it can work. Do it now why Jodo is alive.
>>
File: 5675990.jpg (65 KB, 700x781) Image search: [Google]
5675990.jpg
65 KB, 700x781
>>7878370
>Yeah nah
>>
>>7878370
>proving it can be profitable

but this is a bad thing
>>
>>7878076
That flew over OP's head
>>
>>7878135
How can you set back a film genre?
>>
File: tumblr_nurt4jVCqY1r5ux8vo1_1280.jpg (356 KB, 1268x685) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nurt4jVCqY1r5ux8vo1_1280.jpg
356 KB, 1268x685
>>7878117
I agree. I really wouldn't care if the movie was not faithful to the book; The movie would be a work of art with the work they put in pre-production. Of course, it would have its flaws, but I do believe it would be a masterpiece.
>>
>>7878041
Dune was a horrible book and you should feel ashamed for your amount of interest in it.
>>
File: surprise bern.gif (2 MB, 376x228) Image search: [Google]
surprise bern.gif
2 MB, 376x228
>>7878401
>>
>>7878076
/x/
>>
>>7878519
I wouldn't say horrible, but definitely overrated.
>>
>>7878370
Didnt star wars take lots of ideas from the moebius-illustrated dune script
>>
>>7879395
Shouldnt you be in /tv/ comparing box office results right now?
>>
>>7878105
>>7878058

oh shiiiit
>>
File: frankherbertisDisappoint.jpg (104 KB, 462x586) Image search: [Google]
frankherbertisDisappoint.jpg
104 KB, 462x586
>>7878041
>Paul dies? His spirit goes into all other people and they speak with his voice?

that's "raping it with love", right there.

>>7878046
>And btw, if you knew jodorowski, he doesnt really care about the plot, and you shouldn't too

gb2 /tv/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKjpH2qO8XY
>>
>>7879862
Star Wars took a lot of ideas from everything.
>>
>>7879986
>>And btw, if you knew jodorowski, he doesnt really care about the plot, and you shouldn't too
>gb2 /tv/

>implying people on /tv/ arent plotfags
>>
>>7878046
he wants to make a film called "Dune", but he wants to add his own elements. does that mean he wants to piggy-back on "Dune"s popularity while shoe-horning in his own pseudo-mystical bullshit? like "IMA LET YOU FINISH, FRANK, BUT PAUL ATREIDES SHOULD TOTALLY TAKE A SHIT IN THIS GIANT GLASS JAR AND TRANSMUTE IT TO GOLD TO PROVE THAT HE IS THE CHOSEN ONE"

Jodorowsky has any number of intellectual properties he could shit up - the Incal, the Madwoman of the Sacred Heart, the saga of Alandor, the story of Alef-Thau...

but, of course, nobody except me has ever heard of them. and nobody is going to give him money to make a film of the Saga of Alandor. but Dune... ah. Dune is prime for rape.

with love, of course.
>>
>>7878519
This. There's no good reason to be faithful to a book that fucking blows.
>>
>>7880727
>the Incal, the Madwoman of the Sacred Heart, the saga of Alandor, the story of Alef-Thau
All those came years after his attempt at Dune, and the first two happened precisely because he made it.

>nobody is going to give him money to make a film of the Saga of Alandor
Nobody gave him money to make Dune either; and even if they did, so what? If the film was good, what would it matter if it wasn't a good adaptation?

If the book is such a holy cow, why does it even need a movie?
>>
>>7878076
>>7878420
wait what
>>
>>7878041
>having Mick Jagger and salvadore dali would have hugely detracted from the film, especially hearing the absurd demands of Dali.
I think I might was this doco just to hear more about these two being involved.
>>
>>7878058
upset that your adaptation was even worse Lynch?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.