[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know this might be a simple question that doesn't deserve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
I know this might be a simple question that doesn't deserve a thread but I really don't know where else to go /lit/
where can I download books?
like a reliable website? Only thing i find are shady websites that don't give me any good results.
Also i understand is wrong but I'm a college student with no money for an honest buy.
I've been looking for a Cat's Cradle but i can't find anything.
Any anon can help me out?
>>
Get a job you piece of shit
>>
>>7877518
go to a library
>>
>>7877522
I'm on college for that reason you twat.
>>
>>7877524
They don't have it.
perks of living on a little shitty town,
I really don't have enough to order it on amazon.
I wish i could but i just can't.
>>
>>7877525
Fuck you
>>
File: BB.png (150 KB, 405x405) Image search: [Google]
BB.png
150 KB, 405x405
>>7877540
>>
>>7877546
This comic disappointed me so fucking much holy fucking shit.

I wanted to see someone take apart all the little things in capeshit that bug me. I didn't need to see some meta-deconstructionist ultra-pretentious thing, I just wanted something that understands the dystopian potential of capeshit. Something that understands why it's terrifying and weird to have all these cartoonish holier-than-thou faggots policing the world as if anyone asked them to, picking apart weirdness implicit in that dynamic.

When the speedster dude kills a civilian in the first issue I was so fucking amped to read this shit. Immediately it opens by tackling a real issue: How do they avoid civilian casualties, and how do we know the probably inevitable civilian casualties that DO occur aren't handled in a blasé way like "hey i was protecting u m8 show some gratitude, accidents happen :/". I WAS SO AMPED

AND THEN

IT TURNS INTO WEIRD STUPID FANFICTION ABOUT BLUE GOO GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACIES AND LOLSOEDGY RAPEFESTS FOR 250 ISSUES

It not only failed to do the critique I wanted, it destroyed the foundations on which any critique was even possible by making the nature of superpowers in the setting stupid and contrived. How can it be a critique of superpowers if it's 95% a faggot soap opera about special goo?

IN TRYING TO BE A PARODY OF CAPESHIT IT JUST BECAME MORE CAPESHIT, AND BADLY WRITTEN CAPESHIT AT THAT

FUCKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>7877559
I agree with you, it was a nice attempt at something that never really became material, If you ask me, Garth Ennis got lost so much on his own tropes (The Stoic operator, the rookie, superheroes gone wrong, etc, etc.) that any potential story with meaning got lost in the way, still, it had a nice plot line and mistery, though the ending was shite to me in all honesty,
You expected too much from something that realy wasn't going to deliver anyways anon.
>>
google libgen
>>
>>7877586
will do.
thanks anon.
have a cute Amy Adams pic.
>>
>>7877595
That isn't cute that's fucking disgusting
>>
File: 1459235607382.jpg (1 MB, 2304x1530) Image search: [Google]
1459235607382.jpg
1 MB, 2304x1530
>>7877596
you sound upset anon.
have a nice Lauren Cohan pic.
>>
gutenberg
#bookz
>>
>>7877611
I will look it up.
thanks!
>>
File: 1412615170859.gif (2 MB, 218x316) Image search: [Google]
1412615170859.gif
2 MB, 218x316
Also, does someone what is the best app for book Reading?
>>
>>7877746
I use moon+ reader on android, has some nice options
>>
>>7877981
I will check it out.
i need some good apps for reading on the go.
>>
Use soulseek and search for author or title with 'epub' or 'mobi' added. There's a whole lot of stuff on there.
>>
If you're a poorfag, you should consider saving money and buying an ebook.

Answering your question, Gutenberg project, #bookz, Library Genesis and bookzz.
>>
>>7878094
>>7878113
will do, must of the time I never get to properly find books but I'm pretty sure that its because I'm looking in all the wrong places.
though I'm pretty sure there are somethings you just can't find on the internet.
>>
>>7878196
There's also Archive.org which is pretty good, although sometimes the books will be poor quality.
>>
>>7878359
As long as its readable.
though is hard finding some authors though.
its really weird honestly.
>>
>>7877624
bookzz.org bookz4you
all ull need for 99%
>>
What do you do if you can't find a book anywhere in the usual spots? Dare I buy a book?
>>
>>7879079
Pretty much.
websites like Amazon have everything.
being a book pirate is hard.
>>
>>7877572
What comic?
>>
>>7880570
The Boys by Garth Ennis.
published by Dynamite.
good.comic.
dont.take it too seriously.though.
>>
>>7877624
>>7877595
literally in the sticky ya dumbass
>>
>>7877518
>Any anon can help me out?
http://bookzz.org/
>>
>>7877518
The pirate bay you stupid fuck
>>
READ THE STICKY
>>
>>7877518
wat iz torrentz
wat iz ebook collecshun
wat iz fb2
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.