[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Objectivism's central tenets are that reality exists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: Ayn Rand.jpg (33 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
Ayn Rand.jpg
33 KB, 800x430
>Objectivism's central tenets are that reality exists independently of consciousness, that human beings have direct contact with reality through sense perception, that one can attain objective knowledge from perception through the process of concept formation and inductive logic, that the proper moral purpose of one's life is the pursuit of one's own happiness (rational self-interest), that the only social system consistent with this morality is one that displays full respect for individual rights embodied in laissez-faire capitalism, and that the role of art in human life is to transform humans' metaphysical ideas by selective reproduction of reality into a physical form—a work of art—that one can comprehend and to which one can respond emotionally.
>>
>>7875510
For fucks sake lit truly is being invaded by pol his and sci, fuck off already.
>>
Why is she wrong?
>>
>>7875514
t. Tony Francis
>>
>>7875546
Spooks, spooks, and more spooks. It's a veritable haunted house of an ideology.
>>
>>7875514

She's a novelist, dumb dumb.
>>
>>7875729
And a teenager trash one as well
>>
>>7875746

Who are you, again?

Oh, I remember - an unpublished nobody read only by zhir mother.
>>
>>7875790
Wew the invasion really is here, no one regular here is retarded enough to imply that being read implies quality.
Ps
I don't write so zine mother can't read me
>>
>>7875794

I'm regular enough to know that dismissing an author's work as "teenager trash" and then trying to mic drop is poor form. And not just here, bub.
>>
>>7875729
>Ayn Rand
>A novelist

Try again, anon, start with entry literature
>>
>>7875510
lmao
>>
>>7875510

I thought that was a great description. Am I stupid?

no
>>
I don't know how there are reputable professors of philosophy who subscribe to Objectivism (Onkhar Ghate, Leonard Peikoff, Tara Smith).

Like seriously the leading professor of philosophy at UT Austin is an Objectivist.

Wtf
>>
File: ohyou.jpg (29 KB, 332x499) Image search: [Google]
ohyou.jpg
29 KB, 332x499
>>7875813
>>>7875729 (You)
>>Ayn Rand
>>A novelist
>Try again, anon, start with entry literature

<----
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 291x173) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 291x173
>>7875510
>>7875546
>we have direct access to objective reality

I Kant believe this claim is founded in anything but "it would be nice if our sense perceptions were isomorphic with noumenal reality"

Rand had some interesting points in her political philosophy but the second she tries to talk about metaphysics/epistemology she immediately proves she knows nothing of actual philosophy.
>>
>>7875912
>Rand had some interesting points in her political philosophy
>that the proper moral purpose of one's life is the pursuit of one's own happiness (rational self-interest), that the only social system consistent with this morality is one that displays full respect for individual rights embodied in laissez-faire capitalism
I think it's fair to say she also immediately proved she knew nothing about a lot of things.
>>
>>7875546
She thinks people can be free under laissez-faire capitalism, which is historically wrong.
>>
>>7875510
It's like a slaughterhouse for philosophical concepts.
>>
>>7876049
pin point me to the historical event where a laissez-faire capitalistic state governed.
>>
>>7875912
Her political philosophy wasn't so hot either, Edith.
>>
When did all these names appear?
>>
>>7876599
United States, 1776 - 1913.
>>
File: JIMBO WALES.jpg (21 KB, 300x373) Image search: [Google]
JIMBO WALES.jpg
21 KB, 300x373
>>7875510
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ84JkYDa3U
O B J E C T I V E L Y
T H E
B E S T
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ84JkYDa3U
>>
File: 1429185044680.jpg (9 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
1429185044680.jpg
9 KB, 194x259
>>7875912
Kant aka Plato aka "There's like, something beyond reality that only I can see, mannnn! That's why I'm justified in running a tyrannical state, exerting totalitarian control over all facets of society, and censoring information as well as filling the peoples' heads with outright lies."
Plato was a filthy Christian papist before Christian papists.

As soon as you accept that the real world is all that matters, it's a short jump to "Where's my fucking money, man?"
>>
>>7877550
kill yourself
>>
File: ayn-rand-36-cool-wallpaper.png (423 KB, 1772x1096) Image search: [Google]
ayn-rand-36-cool-wallpaper.png
423 KB, 1772x1096
>>7875510
I identify as a capitalist because of Rand.
>>
>>7877550
>ooga ooga booga i'm a filthy stinky caveman
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.