[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can erotica be good literature? Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Data_with_pipe.jpg (570 KB, 1044x1044) Image search: [Google]
Data_with_pipe.jpg
570 KB, 1044x1044
Can erotica be good literature?

Discuss.
>>
Good literature can have elements of erotica. If you mean erotica as in genre fiction then no. Genre fiction can't be considered good relative to anything outside of its genre.
>>
nice calabash, data.
>>
>>7873981
I mean a book where the main selling point is the sex. You read that book fully expecting that you may fap to it at some point.
>>
>>7873974
>what is Tropic of Cancer.
>>
>genre fiction
>good
>>
>>7873981
Tldr

Good lit can be erotic.

Erotica isn't literature.

These are defined terms with distinct meanings.
>>
do you think you can define erotica?

i wrote a novel that had no overt sex in it at all, just a lot of teasing. i guess that isn't good literature either.
>>
>>7873990
This.
When the utter pondering of literary exposure of a book gives to its readers is a swollen phallus and a tiny little happy lake of unborn children, it might not obtain the title of good literature since on its nature it's not meant to exert the literary art, but to exert the dick
>>
>>7873991
4chan
>>
Yeah read Georges Bataille's story of the eye
>>
>>7875088
where to go with bastille after story of the eye? i just finished it recently and need more.
>>
>>7875375
I'd honestly say 100 Years of Solitude borders on Erotica. I felt pretty moved (in my dick) by a good portion of the book.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.