[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we revive Cynicism, lads?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: diogenes.jpg (223 KB, 1058x1058) Image search: [Google]
diogenes.jpg
223 KB, 1058x1058
How do we revive Cynicism, lads?
>>
Autistic fedora-wearing teenagers are already reviving it.
>>
>>7873721
How so?
>>
>>7873721
This is literally a meme. There is no such thing.
>>
>>7873736
You're literally a meme and there's no such thing as you
>>
File: barbula.jpg (105 KB, 640x792) Image search: [Google]
barbula.jpg
105 KB, 640x792
>This is literally a meme. There is no such thing
>>
>>7873721
Cynicism is not scientism. Diogenes believed in God you nerd.
>>
>>7873739
*tips*
>>
>>7873851
This, he was even on a mission from God to stop degeneracy and decadence.
>>
>>7873895
Why thank you my good sir
>>
Become a bum, piss on people, waste batteries on a flashlight during the day, masturbate in public, etc.
>>
>>7873911
This is the life
>>
>>7873911

doing exactly what they did back then with no regards to the context of then or now is sort of retarded but there are some things that might still be done tel quel like an aversion for power or material posessions, being a DIY kind of person. being fit and train to be tough and healthy , like they did but even more: someone who truly value freedom wouldn't jeopardize his life by eating an old raw squid from the garbage , even to make a point. neo cynics would be into edgy humor that disturbs the status quo that needlessly binds citizen and make them slaves. i don't think they would straight up act like crusties or anarcho primitivists , could organize themselves in a kind of group of wanderers , an invisible syndicate , to do some collective work to be able to make or buy some of the shit they need to live: food, tech clothes to sleep outside if they want to etc
>>
>>7873766
>tfw I had a neckbeard for a little while when I was 16 because I wanted to look like Thoreau
>>
>>7874697

i think they would think it's important to fight the massive cancerous heritage of judeo christianism : the concept of shame.: public nudity and open relationships could be tools for that fight and and answer to Houellebecq's problem of the losers of sexual liberalism.
>>
File: smug robben.png (300 KB, 365x435) Image search: [Google]
smug robben.png
300 KB, 365x435
>When Diogenes stood wet through with rain, and the bystanders pitied him, Plato said, “If you wish to compassionate him, just go away. His vanity is in showing himself off and exciting surprise; it is what made him act in this way, and the reason would not exist if he were left alone.”
>>
>>7874697
crusties are pretty anti-cynic since they spend all their time making their appearance extra edgy and abusing substances

scum desu
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.