[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we allowed to discuss plays here? If so what does /lit/ think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Are we allowed to discuss plays here? If so what does /lit/ think of vagina monologues? Has it every showed at your uni and I)is it even funny?
>Inb4 muh feminism /pol/fags
I've heard quite a few feminists have problems with it too.
>>
>>7872578
You can discuss plays.
Vagina monologues is vulgar and not funny (watched about 5 minutes before walking out)
>>
>>7872578
ever * is it*
Shoot sorry for the typos. I really shouldn't be on 4chan with my shitty phone.
>>
>>7872588
Oh ok. Just asking since my friend asked me if I wanted to see it with her. Will probably skip if it's crude humor to the point of not even being funny. Also I heard there was controversial rape thing with two lesions or something.
>>
>oppress women because see them as just walking vaginas (everything involved in "being a woman" is focused on their reproductive functions, by force)
>have enlightenment
>realize all PEOPLE are born equal, blank slates, and can be anything they want to be
>realize women aren't just their vaginas and men just forced them to be that
>free them
>first thing they do
>MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA MUH VAGINA
>>
>>7872620
Not a supporter of this play that negatively portrays most heterosexual sexual encounters, but isn't that because society low key focuses on controlling women via their sexuality? Thus, feminists focus on bringing that out open discussion.
>>
>>7872637
I think it's women that control society with their sexuality. But feminists aren't sexually attractive so have no control. This is what they want to change.
>>
>>7872650
Eh? I've seen some pretty attractive feminists. They are the ones usually pushing more pushing for "ending sexual violence" and sex positivism though. Also abortions and birth control free availability.
>>
>>7872578
Feminism is a priori shit because it's written by morons for cretins.
>>
>>7872703
I was talking about the play not itself, not just feminism.
>>
>>7872696
As I see it, in those cases they want more control via sexuality.
More sex = more control.
And they want sex without any of the risks associated with it.

There is nothing wrong with wanting more control. The real problem is that men are letting them push the envelope further and further. Whether we are being guilt tripped into it or just think it's too petty to object.

I'm starting to sound like a robot now..
I'll just leave it with me not liking the play.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.