[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any books out there that will keep me from pulling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
Are there any books out there that will keep me from pulling the smooth trigger of my .45 kissing my temple
>>
File: 1452128039174.jpg (38 KB, 300x380) Image search: [Google]
1452128039174.jpg
38 KB, 300x380
>keep me from pulling the smooth trigger of my .45 kissing my temple
i'd just as soon do it, with that prose
>>
Don't let the others win. We need you soldier
>>
>>7870283
>of my .45 kissing my
if you lack the sensitivity to see why this is gross you will never produce anything of literary quality
>>7870312
it's not nice to lie
>>
why would anyone describe a trigger as smooth, it's not like you ever spend an extended amount of time feeling it
>>
Are you looking for something relevant or just a good read?
>>
I can only recommend that you don't use a gun, for the sake of responsible gun owners everywhere.
>>
>>7870283

>that will keep me from pulling the smooth trigger of my .45 kissing my temple

Lord I hope not.

Just kidding. Don't do it, faggot. Suicide is for cowards. God gave you this life, make Him fuckin' take it from you.
>>
try music its more immediate and inspiring than books
>>
File: Fetch and Akrya Chibi.jpg (43 KB, 793x507) Image search: [Google]
Fetch and Akrya Chibi.jpg
43 KB, 793x507
I have plenty of recommendations if you would reply:
>>7870317
>>
Thus spoke Zarathustra

Maybe Steppenwolf+Siddartha
>>
>>7870283
Do you want cheery or do you want fiction where the character go through so much fucking shit and darkness and suck that your minor real problems seem to be minimal by comparison and reading them over come such obsticals gives you the fuel to go on??

If so i have lots of good fiction for you.
>>
>>7871197
Not OP, but shoot.
>>
Mishima. If it doesn't stop you being suicidal it'll make you kill yourself like a man.
>>
>>7871197
Wait, so you have both?
>>
>>7871249
>>7871265
Yes. Some times i like a nice Up-lifting story.
And, Most of the time to keep my self from drowning in my own misery i read books from authors who basically take the biggest meanest shit they can on there characters and they still come out swinging that inspires me.

For the second It would Mainly be
"Dresden Files" - Jim butcher
" Vampire Earth" - E. E Knight.

One, Modern fantasy. The other is Military Invasion fiction. But, It seem like both authors have almost a deep seated hate for there characters and they just barley scrap by most times.

For uplifting fiction
"Black Tide Risings" - John Ringo
It's a zombie fiction about a fleet of ships. But, They do not face much advisory in the pursuit of killing zombie and saving the world. It is all victory and hopes and we shall persevere with military jargon sprinkled in.

This is just the short list. There's always more.
>>
>>7871274
I should also add the
"Night Angel Trilogy" - Brent Weeks.

This is another one of those The whole only gets deeper the more you try to climb out. There shitty unbearable situation that they struggle through seem to make mine more bearable.
>>
>>7871293
>>7871274
Jesus Christ and for a second i thought you would recommend some real literature like CĂ©line or Lowry.
>>
>>7871251
haha look at this guy
>>
>>7871274
>>7871293

Yikes.

Not to be too mean but you should lurk more before you post here. Your taste needs serious work. I's a chore to be this polite about taste this bad.
>>
>>7871303
Dude. I'm talking about books were its over whelming struggles that they shouldn't over come but do.

If I wanted to push him over the edge I'd tell him to read stoner
>>
>>7871314

>I'm talking about books were its over whelming struggles that they shouldn't over come but do

You're talking about zombie fiction that even /r/books would scoff at.

>If I wanted to push him over the edge I'd tell him to read stoner

It's so obvious how new you are to all of this.
>>
>>7871316
Yes. It's scoff worthy it has no character development. The Plot is in shambles buts its a light hearted read that 9\10 th Hurah 1/10 litature to give a guy a moral boost not raise him into scholarly levels.
>>
Read Taming Riki - realistic but uplifting novel about a young existentialist type and his journey to realization about himself and the universe
>>
>>7870283
>thinking books will help you stop being an hero
that's lit in a nutshell
>>
>>7870283
A disaffection
>>
>>7870283

Man's search for meaning
>>
>>7870283

Oh, I hope not
>>
>>7870317

because he's holding it against his temple, finger on trigger, for much longer than a finger would normally be on the trigger, so he notices it's smoothness, maybe for the first time, maybe slides his finger back and forth along the trigger metal
>>
Start the Wheel of Time series so you'll at least have a good month before you decide to do it.
>>
>>7870389
woah yeah
when life kicks you down you get back up and try harder! Because you're not a loser, you kick life in the balls and make life your bitch! thanks hollywood!
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.