[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Polling time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
The plebbiness poll has arrived! Take part!

http://strawpoll.me/7232375

And when I say "from cover to cover" I don't mean all the works of a writer. What I mean is one, at least. Remember: Bump!
>>
How do you read an opera? If you've been to one, does that count?
>>
>>7869936
Depends on if you did read the libretto.
>>
>>7869943
They project the English translation above the stage and I read that...
>>
>novella longer than 300 pages
>>
File: unpredicted.png (312 KB, 1105x263) Image search: [Google]
unpredicted.png
312 KB, 1105x263
How not predictable at all.
>>
File: pharisees.png (163 KB, 697x150) Image search: [Google]
pharisees.png
163 KB, 697x150
That kinda explains the pharisaism.
>>
>>7869972
I said "No" on both of the bible ones because while I've read ~10-15 books of the NT and ~20-30 of the OT that's still nowhere close to "cover to cover." I imagine a fair amount of other posters who are in general pretty biblically literate did the same.
>>
>>7869996
Well, by that measure you get literate both in the bible and the Greeks by having read pretty much anything.
>>
>>7870008
That's the standard for the other questions though - that's what I mean. "A Greek Drama." Not the entire works of Sophocles and Aeschylus. The standard for the Bible is much, much higher than the others.
>>
everything besides the The Principal Upanishads or the Samyutta Nikaya
>>
Didn't do it because it require me to do recaptcha. I already do this shit on 4chan, I'm not doing it for a stupid fucking site that's only purpose is to create and host fucking straw polls. wtf nigga
>>
>>7869928
>more people currently claim to have read the entire OT than the entire NT

Really? I mean, come one. You people claim that you've read through every word of Leviticus and Numbers but you can't read the four gospels and a couple of easy letters?
>>
>>7870300
The OT is just more interesting...
>tfw what really happens is most people start at genesis and giveup somewhere between matthew and revelation
>tfw people that give up before then won't check either box
>>
>>7870311
>most people start at genesis and giveup somewhere between matthew and revelation
There's absolutely no way you could get through 2/3 of the Bible---through all of the densest, most difficult passages---and then give up in the middle of the New Testament.
>>
>>7870405
I sped read through most of the OT. Got to NT nad needed a break. This was a couple of months ago.
>>
>>7869928
Surprised to have been able to click most of those.
>>
Man you've read shit all, I'm leaving this place for good. (Also the questions themselves were written horribly)
>>
Done. Only missed three checks.

Just out of curiosity does "ghetto-chan" refer to a specific site (and which one), or is it just a general dismissal?
>>
>>7870300
I took four semesters of Bible study, having gone to a religious university, and I still wouldn't say I've read the OT cover-to-cover. There are too many parts where my eyes glazed over and I read on autopilot.
>>
Are some of you not embarassed that you've read Infinite Jest or Gravity's Rainbow and yet haven't ever read The Faerie Queene or any Jacobean plays?
>>
>>7872156
This. I'm honestly not buying that people have read the OT cover to cover. I just don't buy it.
>>
>>7872161
this board doesnt read

daily reminder more people have read ij than ulysses on this degenerate board

>>7872156
>>7872193
i did it in middle school in a bout of autism
>>
>>7872147
there's kraut, 2ch_hk, vichan. the underfoule is dead by now. not that i miss it, though. it mostly were provincial barking at the beurs and at the parisian hipsters.
>>7870405
i guess the church should not have cut the sex scenes.
>>
>Beowulf more popular than Dante
>Faith in Humanity: zero percent.
>>
The poll is not saying how much people have read a certain book relatively to those who haven't read it, but how much people have read a book in proportion to the others proposed.
Not very useful to be honest.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.