[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am amazed to find that this book is EXACTLY what you guys meme'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: lolita-mendelsund.jpg (31 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
lolita-mendelsund.jpg
31 KB, 600x923
I am amazed to find that this book is EXACTLY what you guys meme'd it out to be.

>Overtly, I had so-called normal relationships with a number of terrestrial women having pumpkins or pears for breasts; inly, I was consumed by a hell furnace of localized lust for every passing nymphet whom as a law-abiding poltroon I never dared approach.

Seriously hilarious shit. It's like he knew there would be lolis one day and tons of trolling about them. This book is proving to be one huge master ruse. Do people really read this with unironic disgust? I'm reading it for my world lit class and I find myself a little embarrassed to read it in public just because of its infamy.
>>
>>7869451
Who gives a fuck? It's a wonderful book of bantz and you should enjoy it as such
>>
>>7869451
>It's like he knew there would be lolis one day
There have been nymphets forever.
>>
I have a blank leather cover for mine so I don't cause a scene reading it in public
>>
The perspective on a book changes with the era. Obviously someone who lives in a time when pedophilia is a meme online will read Lolita differently than some middle American fuckwit in the 50s or 60s.
>>
>be on the train going back home from college for winter break
>reading lolita
>a qt azn girl who was sitting on the seats across the aisle notices my book and says "Wow I love that book! It really changes your perspective on pedophiles!"
>I lost my virginity to her in the bathroom and never talked to her again after stepping off the train

What did she mean by that comment
>>
I actually enjoyed reading Lolita, up until a point. When he took the girl and started out on this country-wide road trip it started to drag and become very tedious, and I quickly lost interest.

Boy, I can't tell you how the public librarians must have felt about me. I read all kinds of weird books when I was like... fifteen.

Lolita, Memoirs of a Geisha, Faust, actually requested copies of the Sleeping Beauty Trilogy from another library in the county.
Good thing I wasn't a massively gross beta faggot or they miiiiiighta called the police or told my parents.
>>
>>7870746
Probably because most people see them as disgusting monsters, but Nabokov writes one as a quite normal person who simply has a different wiring in his brain, and sees beauty where one might otherwise not.

And he's right. That's all a pedophile is.
Not that they should be allowed to do what they want... But it does make you a bit sad for them.

And appreciate a song by The Police.
>>
>>7870803
You sound about 15 so good job I guess
>>
>>7870803
the road trip was fucking great you loon. the second part is far and away better than the first. that tennis scene, oh my god.
>>
should've been more graphic
>>
>>7870803
>Faust
AHahshashd
>>
>>7870746
Man....i wanna sleep with an asian QT.

Its kind of bad when i say that even though im currently sleeping with three asian QT's. Oh god im a hedonist arent i?
>>
>>7870810
i think it's more along the lines of Pedophiles can often be a wolf in sheeps clothing, considering the narrator in lolita was some handsome chap who could have his way with anyone
>>
>>7870803
>I read all kinds of weird books when I was like... fifteen.
you mean last month?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.