[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Experience selling books?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 219601.jpg (42 KB, 305x475) Image search: [Google]
219601.jpg
42 KB, 305x475
A few years ago I got a used copy of pic related in good condition off amazon for like $15. I just checked it again and used copies start from $90.

It apparently used to belong to a library, because it's covered in library labels, and there's a stamp on the first page that says "no longer property of so-and-so library."

Anyway, wat do? There's a rare/used book store that just opened nearby, maybe I'll see what they'll pay for it. Or I could try to sell it on amazon. Does anyone have experience selling books?

It might be wise to take pictures of the whole book and upload it as a pdf so it doesn't get lost to time. Can anyone find a digital copy, so I don't waste my time? Is there an existing archive of digital copies of books?
>>
Tenant, The - Roland Topor.epub
u.pomf.is/yiayed.epub

You'll probably get more money selling it online, but check that bookstore anyway.

I'd like to add a question to that. Does anyone have experience selling high value books in English online from outside of US and UK?
>>
That particular edition commands good prices because of the Thomas Ligotti introduction (cult author, his own books can sell for hundreds). Ask in the library, see what you can get there. But if you want at least 90 bucks for it, you might want to sell it to someone who collects Ligotti books.
>>
>>7865516
I live by selling books in english... in mexico.
>>
I'm sorry to say but ex-library copies are worth a lot less, you won't make 50$.
>>
File: 1451047208262.jpg (164 KB, 640x445) Image search: [Google]
1451047208262.jpg
164 KB, 640x445
guys, I want to sell a few books (not for money) on ebay, but my dad put some personal notes on some one page before he gave them to me, such as ''happy birthday''.

Should I remove the page where it is written and sell the book ?
>>
>>7865096
I really want this book, new. Sold out everywhere...
>>
>>7867746
It's really not that good...
>>
>>7867751
I heard it was the opposite. Why isn't it good according to you? Should I not read it then?
>>
>>7867207
Never remove pages, even if something is written on them, and even if they were blank pages to begin with. I have plenty of used books with other people's names in them and it doesn't bother me. People won't want to pay a lot for them, but you say it's not for money, so either sell as-is for a few bucks each or donate.
>>
>>7867207
nah keep it its adds character
>>
>>7865096
First off, it's good to remember that just because an online marketplace has books on sale for a price, it doesn't mean they're selling at that price. They might, of course, but it's good to temper your expectations.

Secondly, for collectors (i.e., for people who'd pay more than a couple of tens), condition is everything. It doesn't sound like your copy is in terribly good condition, to be honest.

That said, it'll probably still have value, since it's by Millipede Press, and they had pretty limited print runs. If you had the hardcover you'd have something pretty sweet, since it was numbered and signed by Ligotti.

Anyway, if you don't end up selling it to the bookstore, try eBay. I assume it'd be easier to list it there than to enroll as a seller in Amazon marketplace.

>>7867207
Don't remove it. Having a page ripped out is worse than notes/a personal inscription.

>>7865516
eBay? They have annoying limits to new sellers, though.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.