[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else is working on something that could never be traditionally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: predator vs prey.jpg (86 KB, 960x776) Image search: [Google]
predator vs prey.jpg
86 KB, 960x776
Who else is working on something that could never be traditionally published by an unknown? Not because of lack of quality, but because of the nature of the work.

>writing horror novel
>vampires were originally used as a metaphor for sexually predatory men
>my "monster" is a sexual predator who is written with strong vampire motifs
>he lures in and drugs females into compliance (hypnotizes them), has them perform taboo sexual acts(his bite), and once they're lucid uses recordings of these acts to blackmail them into participation willingly (turning them), ultimately they are forced to become his accomplices (vampire brides)

It isn't even done yet, but it gets so dark in places that I don't think that a publisher would touch it.
>>
>>7863083
You never know
Someone published that book about the pedophile trucker that pisses himself
>>
>>7863100

lolwut
>>
>>7863083
Eh, you can always self publish an ebook.

Try to avoid the cheesy low budget commissioned cover art trap.

Go for simple geometric patterns or symbols arranged in a manner symbolic to your story or something.

Your fanbase is probably going to be very teenaged and very female, so steady yourself.

Are you comfortable with publishing under a female pseudonym?
>>
>>7863113

I'll probably use some sort of tessellation on the cover.

I am comfortable with a female pen name.
>>
>>7863083
If this was well written, a publisher would pick it up. Edgy shit is in.
>But I doubt this is going to be well written
>>
An inquiry into Marx's Critique of Political Economy in relation not to his early philosophical context but to the development of political economy as a distinct science with a defined object from the time of the Physiocrats, to Steuart, to Smith, and to Ricardo and the generalized ideologization of the science with the advanced development of capital.

I'm not in graduate studies and don't have the opportunity to really. Didn't make use of my undergrad time due to the shock of being a lowly prole from an immigrant working class family and lack of vision for my future.

I feel like doing creative work isn't that bad. Sure, it helps to be part of an MFA or MA/PhD program for connections to literary publications but there is always the chance of making an inroad if your writing is quality.
>>
>>7863104
>>7863100
Yeah but Hogg had support from people like Norman Mailer, a champion of transgressive lit. Plus it was written by an established author.
>>
>>7863113
>>7863116
>female

Pronouns!
>>
File: YJ6TgJZ.jpg (56 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
YJ6TgJZ.jpg
56 KB, 630x630
>>7863083
>it gets so dark in places that I don't think that a publisher would touch it
Hnnnnngokay.
>>
I wrote a novel inspired by vaporwave music, Nick Land, Buddhism and 4chan. I have no idea what to do with it.
>>
>>7863083
Been there, done that. It's fun until you're finished writing and editing it. Then you're just left feeling empty without much to show for it.

Now I'm working on a book that I actually think stands a chance of being published.
>>
>>7863417
whoa
that is exactly my novel
send it out, people are interested, my man
>>
>>7863417
>>7863439

I thought a Nick Land inspired novel would've been pretty unique, but I guess not...

How many are working on Nick Land inspired novels here? Why is he so fucking meme?
>>
>>7863496
>>7863417 here, I think Land is hot stuff at the moment. I finished mine before he became so big on /lit/.
>>
I feel thoroughly waded. I'm ready for your story to appear in print. Willing to wait for years.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.