[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone read "Guts" by Chuck Palahniuk ? http:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: $1tmp_$21$3.jpg (24 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
$1tmp_$21$3.jpg
24 KB, 768x1024
Has anyone read "Guts" by Chuck Palahniuk ?

http://chuckpalahniuk.net/features/shorts/guts

Pretty disturbing! Can you read it all without feeling queasy ?
>>
>>7862635
o my the sheer shillery
>>
>>7862635
The part with the Middle Eastern kids made me shy away from the monitor...
>reading more
Okay, I'm clearly not in the mood for this.
>>
Hi Chuck
>>
Anybody who actually finds this story sickening or too repulsive for their stomach is... a complete and utter fucking pussy. it's 2016. if you still find shit like this offensive, then you haven't understood anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 553x869) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 553x869
>>7862861
Did you ever actually read it? It's pretty gross. I get that you're hella jaded from rekt threads, but nothing like this makes it into the typical gore rounds. To be honest, family.
>>
>>7862635
> it's gross

Who cares?
>>
>>7862869
Yeah guts was pretty fucked up. I still think the general shit/mob mentality that happened in the house was more disturbing though. Im not a huge Palahniuk fan but I thought the concept behind Haunted was pretty brilliant
>>
Wasn't this in haunted?
>>
>>7862898
Yeah it's in Haunted
>>
File: image.jpg (608 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
608 KB, 1536x2048
>>7862886
There are some excellent stories in it.

The suicide/venus one still creeps me out. Actually, maybe thats the only good one. And the body decaying in the woods was pretty weird.
>>
>>7862904
I still think about when they break off the keys into the locks, contaminate the food and doom themselves

For whatever reason, that part of the book troubled me the most. The stories were pretty good, but I loved, and still love, the overarching concept.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.