[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good 'Nam texts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 7157212501341.jpg (210 KB, 1200x899) Image search: [Google]
7157212501341.jpg
210 KB, 1200x899
What are some good 'Nam texts?
>>
It Aint Me from C.C.R.
>>
Dispatches, by Michael Herr.

/thread
>>
>>7862213
Things They Carried is the canonical example
>>
Heart of Darkness
>>
>>7862237
you're 70 years too early m80
>>
File: happy fisherman.jpg (222 KB, 1300x1176) Image search: [Google]
happy fisherman.jpg
222 KB, 1300x1176
>>7862244
>>
>>7862213
hamburger hill
>>
>>7862221
I believe the name of the song is Fortunate Son you fucking faggot
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chickenhawk_%28book%29
>>
Stewart O'Nan's Vietnam Reader is good.
>>
>>7862213
saw this movie yesterday.
so so so fucking good.
>>
The Politics of Heroin by Alfred W. McCoy
>>
>>7862353
pretty sure Fortunate Son is the record label
>>
>>7862353
>doesn't know memes

What are you doing on this website gramps?
>>
>>7862353
It's Senator's Son you uncultured swine.
>>
>>7863822

*bang*

I told you not to stop this thread. Now let's go.
>>
I read Matterhorn recently

>dat part where a leech crawls up a mans dick and the doctor has to pierce his urethra with a knife to save his life
>dat part where a man is eaten by a tiger for no good reason
>dat part where the MC decides not to punish the man who killed his best friend because at this point he just wants to keep the unit together
>dat part where the battalion HQ accidentally forgets to send them their food before a bush operation and someone starves to death
>dat part when the lieutenant commands an assault on a hill he himself fortified months earlier before the army voluntarily left that position
>dat part when crippling PTSD
>>
>>7862229
Dispatches is the best thing I've read about Vietnam so far

I'm still looking for the Dispatches or TTTC of the Korean War. It seems as though that style of literature doesn't exist for that time period or something because I ask this question in every Vietnam/war thread and I never get a reply :(
>>
The Girl by the Road at Night by David Rabe
>>
>>7862353
like the other guy said its a meme
its a stupid meme and this is the first time ive seen it outside of /k/
>>
>>7863822
Saw it just a couple of months ago my self, absolutely fucking loved it
>>
>>7862235
This right fuckin here, pham. Definitely in my top ten books of all time.
>>
>>7864659
dang i forgot about the ol leech
>>
Texts? you mean books?
>>
We are Soldiers Still
>>
>>7862353
It's no, "I'm standing next to a mountain"
>>
>>7862213

>Reading Vietnam Book
>It Ain't Me starts playing
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.