[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I really, really hate this board. I think it's full
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 767x1092) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 767x1092
So, I really, really hate this board. I think it's full of asshole who are, mostly, ersatz Harold Blooms with very few original ideas or helpful commentaries of their own with being complete and utter dicks.

But, the Reddit literature board is so god damn useless and, frankly, stupid. The pinnacle of English literature is the hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy, or something only worthy of an 11th grade English class.

So, dickheads of /lit/, where can I go to discuss literature that isn't grad school?
>>
>>7861249
You shouldn't insult someone before you ask them for help.
>>
why don't you just read books
>>
Goodreads.
>>
It turns out you're better than everyone. Great job friend.
>>
>>7861254
Top kek
>>
talk to your mom about it fag
>>
Nowhere. As bad as /lit/ is, every single other literature forum is worse.

It's the same for nearly every 4chan board and its chosen topic. Every other anime forum is worse than /a/. Every other comics and cartoons forum is worse than /co/. Every other sports forum is worse than /sp/.

One of the only exceptions to this is /tv/. There are actually some television and film forums better than /tv/, which really says a lot about how shitty /tv/ is.
>>
>>7861256
>not being a member of patrish GR groups
>>
Get some good friends on goodreads.
>>
Start a real-life reading group? And talk to people IRL? If you can't do that finding some of the better people on Goodreads isn't bad - it's not a great site but you can use it in worthwhile ways.
>>
If you're going to go on Reddit, don't go on r/books. Go on r/literature. There are quite a few book related subreddits that agree that r/books is stupid. They just don't get as much attention, because hey think that r/books is the only option.

Yeah I go on Reddit sometimes. Fight me.
>>
Reddit's /r/literature is okay but really slow. I'm not really aware of any good forums for discussing literature which is why I'm in this shit hole
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.