[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I write something totally hip with the teenagers that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
How do I write something totally hip with the teenagers that will get me 10/10 ratings and lots and lots of dollars?
>>
Make sure it's so simple a foreigner with no English skills could understand it
>>
/lit/ was having a collective race to write a YA trilogy about a young fat girl in school, right at the height of the fat acceptance movement. I suppose right now you'd have to go for a black mtf trans kid to get the same effect.
>>
Make it a love story with no chemistry, the kids love that.
>>
>you will never unironically write a book about teenagers and their hormones and market it as a relatable YA book
>>
I think James Patterson was the biggest earner last year. He writes like three books a day, so just do that and I'm sure it'll work
>>
File: 1407526488000-John-Green.jpg (362 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
1407526488000-John-Green.jpg
362 KB, 3200x1800
What a handsome man.
>>
Yeah, planning on doing this as well. Any advice on the most cancerous cover?
>>
>>7860147
Go through the checklist:
>Young Adult
>Love triangle
>Empowered female protagonist
>Black-White morality, Good-Evil dichotomy
>Not-so-subtle allegory for contemporary social issue
>Magic (or equivalent), feels circlejerk, or edgy intellectual badass; all three for maximum effect

I just wrote you a new york times best-seller.
>>
This pretty much my plan. As much as I'd hate myself for doing it, I gotta make bank somehow.
>>
>>7860147
Main character is a quirky teenage girl who no one understands

Her love interest is a somewhat enigmatic young man who hides his deep personal issues with a suave, intellectual exterior

Major plot points about emotionally manipulative topic like self-harm or drug abuse

Main character regularly questions/examines aspects of daily life in "deep" asides

One of them dies at the end and the message is about the other one living on and just living life and feeling everything out one day at a time with a scene that works as a poetic match to the first scene in the book
>>
Start writing a novel now about an emigrant syrian with these characteristics:

- Old enough to develop a love interest
- Family includes a young sibling to be used to purely to influence the reader's emotions
- MC must be removed from family - care of sympathetic immigrant helpers must be the only light spots in a novel full of despair and ostracisation
- Paris Attacks must at a minimum play a role, potentially Belgium bombings too
- Utilise any further happenings that have not occurred as of yet
- Must ultimately indict the world (or rather the world who did not help) this disaffected and misplaced population
???????
Rake in the millions
>>
>>7860149
>>7860151
>>7860553
>>7860557

Good advice

Also add magical realism and make sure one of them suffers a great deal from their terminal illness. Maybe give one of the gender dysmorphia, the kids these days love that. Also, a borderline offensive gay sex scene that can be defended by a liberal press. Make the main antagonist an aggressive white-male traditional chad, maybe even captain of the football team. Make his gf a real cunt that body shames
>>
>>7860557
stealing this
>>
>>7860553
This is exactly what i was thinking of doing, the john green route if you will.
>>
Why limit it to YA. Go for broke for momcore, it will let you use more graphic sex scenes.

Then you can market it like Jodi Picault and actually have highschools use it.

Make sure to write under a female pen-name also.

http://www.concordmonitor.com/home/11864115-95/arrest-brings-attention-to-picoult-book-in-gilford-curriculum
>>
File: 1457968516745.gif (2 MB, 150x173) Image search: [Google]
1457968516745.gif
2 MB, 150x173
>>7860557
>>
>>7860567
I've been wondering about pen-names.
How do they actually work, is it something you have in the query when you send it to an agent, or something you and your agent discuss?
>>
>>7860557
This is BEGGING for a Syrian immigrant girl to fall in love with an Alsatian young man or woman (make his/her nationality ambiguous) and for an honor killing at the end.
>>
>>7860588
I like this idea, would be way better than the original if you contrasted the need to help the migrants with the vicious ideology some are bringing/ coming from.
>>
>>7860557
Make the Syrian fall in love with a White girl and I'll publish that.

t. Amy Goldberg
>>
Vampires
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.