[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Camille Paglia is based the only living female who is /lit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: Paglia.jpg (9 KB, 170x215) Image search: [Google]
Paglia.jpg
9 KB, 170x215
Camille Paglia is based the only living female who is /lit/ quality

her advice on writing here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymn-X8vOQ80
>>
I disagree
>>
it contrasts the idea of needing to do structured writing everyday...first one needs to plan, organize, study
>>
File: Campalquote2.jpg (118 KB, 834x375) Image search: [Google]
Campalquote2.jpg
118 KB, 834x375
She's the hero we need.
>>
>>7859596
Oh wow, why haven't I ever heard of her before??
She's like, glory.
>>
congratulations to any idiot who feels the need to have their Wall Street Journal-level shitty opinions validated lmao
>>
>>7859815
check out some of her interviews from the 90s on youtube and her book Sexual Personae...written when she was at her peak.
>>
she's not a very good writer. her ideas are good, but her writing style is real ugly
>>
>Camille "Putting a Spike Heel in the Lacanian Real" Paglia
>Camille "The Gal who Blew up the École Normale" Paglia
>Camille "One-Woman Morphine Pill" Paglia
>Camille "Not a Shabbos Goy for the Frankfurt Boys" Paglia
>Camille "Going Mental on the Continental" Paglia
>Camille "Going Psychotic on the Semiotic" Paglia
>Camille "50 Shades of PoMo Aids" Paglia
>Camille "Michel & bell Straight to Hell" Paglia
>Camille "Mass Destruction for Deconstruction" Paglia
>Camille "Pushed Michel onto a Car he Fell" Paglia
>Camille "Tossin' a Dart at Barthes" Paglia
>Camille "Strangle Every Structuralist" Paglia
>Camille "Baudrillard Feathered and Tarred" Paglia
>Camille "Rhizome Raider" Paglia
>Camille "Gruesome Ghoul of Ecole" Paglia
>Camile "Panic at the Discourse" Paglia
>Camille "Cutler of Butler" Paglia
>Camille "Word Salad Tosser" Paglia
>Camille "Bustin' a Shell in bell" Paglia
>Camille "Willing to Discipline and Punish" Paglia
>Camille "Biology Degrees Bring PoMos to their Knees" Paglia
>Camille "Cutting Open Michel's Trojan" Paglia
>Camille "Exposing Gloria's Phantasmagoria" Paglia
>Camille "Raping Gloria with Intense Euphoria" Paglia
>Camille "Porkin' the Dworkin" Paglia
>Camille "Deport Levi-Strauss to Laos" Paglia
>Camille "Just Say Nein to Da Sein" Paglia
>>
>Americans
Not even once.
>>
>>7859596
i'm the susan sontag of the 90s op

it's me
>>
>there are literally no fucking pictures of a young Camille Paglia
>there are ZERO FUCKING PICTURES OF PAGLIA AT YALE

I NEED

TO
JERK

OFF

TO

CAMILLE

PAGLIA

GOD

FUCKING DMANIT
>>
>>7859596

Shakespearean language is a bizarre super-tongue, alien and plastic, twisting, turning, and forever escaping. It is untranslatable, since it knocks Anglo-Saxon root words against Norman and Greco-Roman importations sweetly or harshly, kicking us up and down rhetorical levels with witty abruptness. No one in real life ever spoke like Shakespeare's characters. His language does not "make sense," especially in the greatest plays. Anywhere from a third to a half of every Shakespearean play, I conservatively estimate, will always remain under an interpretive cloud. Unfortunately, this fact is obscured by the encrustations of footnotes in modern texts, which imply to the poor cowed student that if only he knew what the savants do, all would be as clear as day. Every time I open Hamlet, I am stunned by its hostile virtuosity, its elusiveness and impenetrability. Shakespeare uses language to darken. He suspends the traditional compass points of rhetoric, still quite firm in Marlowe, normally regarded as Shakespeare's main influence. Shakespeare's words have "aura." This he got from Spenser, not Marlowe.
Camille Paglia, Sexual Personae: Art and Decadence from Nefertiti to Emily Dickinson, p. 195.

She actually quite good
>>
Is it a coincidence that /pol/, /r9k/ and pagliaposting are on the rise at the same time?
>>
>>7860969
>Is it a coincidence that /pol/, /r9k/ and pagliaposting are on the rise at the same time?

What is her relation to those boards? Feminism and woman-hate or something?
>>
>>7860982
She's pretty critical of third wave feminism and post-structuralism (things /r9k/ and /pol/ love to strawman about).

I don't even disagree with some of her criticism, but she's a very lackluster thinker overall
>>
>>7860969
Paglia's an old meme, brah.
It's not like when Mishima posting goes up and we're being raided by /lgtb/fit/pol/; it's more like when Foucault posting goes up, they aren't even faggots who will or you want to suck your dick, or necessarily /pol/lgtb/.
Paglia posting goes up like Foucault posting when someone who remembers the 90s has a flashback. Sometimes, that sounds a lot like /pol/r9k/ but it's a different kind of PTSD.
>>
>>7860987
>She's pretty critical of third wave feminism

I tought that, as a woman, she would be all in favor of feminism
>>
>>7861008
>Paglia posting goes up like Foucault posting when someone who remembers the 90s has a flashback.
lol
>>
>>7860987
>she's a very lackluster thinker overall

In a series of posts critiquing ideologically motivated posting for being shallow, you dismiss a thinker out of hand without adding anything to the discussion, probably because you are committing the same sin you were trying ot critique

Go get a sex change and kill yourself with the rest of the trannies
>>
>>7859837
>>Camille "Going Mental on the Continental" Paglia
>>Camille "Going Psychotic on the Semiotic" Paglia
>>
>>7862206
I'm straight m8, but honestly, the only part of her works I have to directly engage with are her art texts and I can't possibly offer you any other criticism beyond "yeah lady, these are some nice opinions you have".

I'll be honest with you and say I've tried to get into glittering images but I just couldn't, and it might be something personal, but I just can't offer you anything beyond that because I didn't even try to think about it.

It should also be noted I knew nothing about her when a friend gave it to me, and only after trying to read the book I went on to see her life's work is pretty much "MY OPINIONS ARE BETTER THAN THESE PHONY FRENCH FAGGOTS"

or not, I don't know and I don't care
>>
>>7862841
>My only response to her opinions is "yeah, nice opinions." That's just my opinion.

..OK. Maybe try actually knowing anything about art criticism or something, when you want to share your opinion of other art criticism, instead of typing multiple paragraphs to say "dunno, didn't like it." No one cares. You aren't being grilled for your right not to like something. You just haven't fucking said anything at all.
>>
>>7861017
You can be a feminist without supporting the hyper-sensitivity of third wave feminism.
>>
>>7859827
Yeah, she writes exactly how she speaks. IMO it's really a pleb trait. You're supposed to work out of that by the end of high-school.
>>
>>7861017
she's a right-wing uncle tom just as much as sowell is

it's like gays and liberals defending islam
>>
>>7862206
>>7863034
You seem to be going off on this guy for no reason. Paglia's focus is definitely as he says a comparative one, and any reactionary should be worried about how long they spend chasing monsters. He points out one of the major criticisms of Paglia, that she has little to do besides shit on post-structuralists. If you'd any backing in art criticism, you'd be aware of that criticism. You sound like you're trying to grill someone who you hope is as ignorant as you. Unfortunately, the guy who seems to have read it on a friend's rec >>7862841 and naively has grasped the major criticism of Paglia within criticism which seems to have eluded you despite your preening yourself specifically in this area.
>>
>>7862206
>getting this angry because someone doesn't like 'view validation: the philosopher'
>>
>>7860963
I hate these sort of declarative general statements with no examples whatsoever. Bloom does it too. Worthless.
>>
Has anyone read Christina Hoff Sommers ?
>>
>>7859596
She's burnt out. Not of any good in the 2000's. If she could be relevant and lively once again, she would be of good use against the academia mainstream.
Used to be a doctorate student of Harold Bloom.
>>
>>7862841
Get rekt m8, my honor thesis was on Lionello Venturi, Paglia is not a good criticist at all and from the 20 pages I read I could see she was more preoccupied with her own agenda than with the works she was analyzing. She's, in Nabby's immortal words, a non-entity and you're making me feel bad for even trying to read more of her work.
>>
>>7863961
Right? Show me what you're talking about or you're masturbating in my face with your highflown opinions.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.