[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a senior in high school, for an "honors class" we
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
As a senior in high school, for an "honors class" we are required to do book reports. I did The Stranger by Camus and Crime and Punishment. I want to read something that will challenge the audience.Any ideas for novels that will shock/and or awe my classmates?
>>
The Decline of the West - Oswald Spengler

Genealogy of Morals - Nietzsche

Oh shit, you said novels.

Hm.

The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With the Sea - Mishima

Call of the Wild - London

Lord Jim - Conrad

All of those will trigger people.
>>
>>7859242
Better to Never Have Been
Do it you won't. Faggot.
>>
Camp of the Saints

Celine
>>
Bataille, de Sade
>>
>>7859259
What's triggering about Call of the Wild?
>>
>>7859242
Note's From the Hyena's Belly
>>
lolita
>>
Book of Night Women by Marlon James, or Brief History of Seven Killings.

You get to talk about Jamaican immigrants moving to nyc to get buttfucked and a slave witch serial killer
>>
House of Leaves
>>
>>7859277
social darwinism
>>
>>7859242
Technics and Time, 3: Cinematic Time and the Question of Malaise
>>
>>7859242
Finnegan's Wake - Please check in and let us know how the book report is going as you make it.
>>
>>7859242
Naked Lunch
>>
Fanny Hill
>>
>>7859845
This tbqh if you want edgy
>>
Nobody is going to be impressed no matter what you read. If you're lucky, then maybe one of your classmates will be impressed by what you write about the book if what you write is actually any good. But I wouldn't count on that either.

The best thing you can do is pick a book that is actually interesting to you, that provokes the most thought of your own about the novel itself. This will provide you with the best material with which to write good papers about the novels.

Everyone in your class is only really out to get an A. They give zero shits about what you're reading. You could be reading a handsigned copy of an unpublished JD Salinger manuscript, and none of your classmates are going to give a single fuck.
>>
>>7859845
I'll second this motion.
The shock and awe will be real

"like omg, why did he talk about jizz so much?"
>>
>>7859242
The Groundwork For A Metaphysic of Morals
>>
The Pilgrim's Progress. It's an allegory of the life of a Christian, more relevant than ever, and no doubt your classmates will be horrified and flabbergasted that someone could talk about God and Christianity(!) in the modern age. They will see reflections in themselves through characters of the book, and hopefully repent of their sins.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.