[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>80 pages. How hard could it be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
>80 pages.
How hard could it be?
>>
File: HEHEHE.gif (16 KB, 337x228) Image search: [Google]
HEHEHE.gif
16 KB, 337x228
haha you said 'hard'
>>
What is this book and should I even bother?
>>
>>7858079

Short but def longer than 80 pages OP.
>>
>>7858079
96 actually
>>
File: Snapchat-1772413177326058087.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1772413177326058087.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2392
>>7858079
>>7858177
Get your facts straight children
>>
>>7858228
is it worth reading the gargantuous amount?
>>
why don't you read instead of shitposting if it's so short?
>>
>>7858228
>last words are just the title

absolutely disgusting
>>
>>7858247
maybe the title are the last words
>>
>third person narrator talking about a character telling a story in first person
Literally why
>>
>>7858079
Did any of you guys read Conrad's The End of the Tether?
This shit is so boring I don't think I'll be able to finish it
>>
File: why.jpg (15 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
15 KB, 499x374
The Nellie, a cruising yawl, swung to her anchor without a flutter of the sails, and was at rest. The flood had made, the wind was nearly calm, and being bound down the river, the only thing for it was to come to and wait for the turn of the tide.

The sea-reach of the Thames stretched before us like the beginning of an interminable waterway. In the offing the sea and the sky were welded together without a joint, and in the luminous space the tanned sails of the barges drifting up with the tide seemed to stand still in red clusters of canvas sharply peaked, with gleams of varnished sprits. A haze rested on the low shores that ran out to sea in vanishing flatness. The air was dark above Gravesend, and farther back still seemed condensed into a mournful gloom, brooding motionless over the biggest, and the greatest, town on earth.

The Director of Companies was our captain and our host. We four affectionately watched his back as he stood in the bows looking to seaward. On the whole river there was nothing that looked half so nautical. He resembled a pilot, which to a seaman is trustworthiness personified. It was difficult to realize his work was not out there in the luminous estuary, but behind him, within the brooding gloom.

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns—and even convictions. The Lawyer—the best of old fellows—had, because of his many years and many virtues, the only cushion on deck, and was lying on the only rug. The Accountant had brought out already a box of dominoes, and was toying architecturally with the bones. Marlow sat cross-legged right aft, leaning against the mizzen-mast. He had sunken cheeks, a yellow complexion, a straight back, an ascetic aspect, and, with his arms dropped, the palms of hands outwards, resembled an idol. The director, satisfied the anchor had good hold, made his way aft and sat down amongst us. We exchanged a few words lazily. Afterwards there was silence on board the yacht. For some reason or other we did not begin that game of dominoes. We felt meditative, and fit for nothing but placid staring. The day was ending in a serenity of still and exquisite brilliance. The water shone pacifically; the sky, without a speck, was a benign immensity of unstained light; the very mist on the Essex marsh was like a gauzy and radiant fabric, hung from the wooded rises inland, and draping the low shores in diaphanous folds. Only the gloom to the west, brooding over the upper reaches, became more sombre every minute, as if angered by the approach of the sun.
>>
>>7858471
bruh thats like 15 pages of words, how do you expect me to read that lol

>>7858245
I have the book in my library but I haven`t read it
>>
>>7858079
I just went on a 25 page reading marathon

you think I can handle it?
>>
>>7858100
bit late but if you chance on reading this
It's the novella Apocalypse now was based off of, but instead of Vietnam war, it's about the scramble for Africa.
ye you should read it, it's fucking brilliant and the movie's just as great.
>>
It's worth reading. I like it.
>>
>>7858471
good shit go౦ԁ sHit thats some goodshit rightthere rightthere if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷM HO0OଠOOOOOOଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Good shit
>>
Don't let this meme die
>>
Read 4 Conrad novels and even now I fail to get what it is all about this guy fame as a novelist. Seriously, I don't get him. Absolutely boring.

Still, every book should be read once.
>>
>>7858922
Aguirre was also inspired by this and it's a hundred times better than Apocalypse Now
>>
>>7858247
>>7858360
I don't see inmense in the title
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.