[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where is a good place to start with chomsky?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 766x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 766x1024
where is a good place to start with chomsky?
>>
Linguistics or politics?
>>
The Sam Harris email exchange
>>
Aspects
>>
His points on Khmer Rouge
>>
don't
>>
For Linguistics:
Review of Skinner's "Verbal Behavior," Chomsky: Slected Readings: Language and Learning no. 31.

For Politics:
Understanding Power
>>
he's only ever written two things worth reading, one is the short "Syntactic Structures"
http://jpkc.whut.edu.cn/yyxdl/uploadfiles/mzxd/Syntactic_Structures.pdf

the other is manufacturing consent
>>
Toilet
>>
>>7858041
start with you?
>>
His website: https://chomsky.info/

It has a LOT of content available.
>>
First you should take his glasses off. This prepares his eyes for removal. But don't get too excited, you have other tasks to complete first. Remove his clothing. Make sure you take his socks off first, they'll just get in the way. Now make an incision from the centre of his chest down to the end of his dick. Then turn the blade perpedicular to its previous motion and cut around his sides. His skin is now ready for removal, but it's best to take out his eyes first. Now you have your very own Chomsky-suit, which you can sew together at your leisure. I'd recommend stripping it of meat and coating it in Borax first, else it will decay or go mouldy. Unless you want to traumatise people, in which case go ahead.
>>
>>7857931
This to be honest desu senpai
>>
>>7857931

What happens?
>>
>>7858496
Chomsky gets humiliated
>>
Hegemony or Survival is amazing.
>>
>>7858365
i like it, written in the 2nd person nicely as well
>>
>>7858511
My dad gave me this years ago and rqved about it, I still haven't read it. It's funny because he's basically a neoliberal statist capitalist, I don't know what he's doing reading Chomsky.
>>
Necessary Illusions
Manufactured Consent
>>
>>7858507
Did we read the same exchange?
>>
>>7858507
More like Harris gets called out by Chomsky for not doing the research necessary to back his claims.
>>
>>7858507
Confirmed for not having read the fucking email exchange
>>
>>7858507
I love this meme. Guaranteed carnival of (you)s
>>
>>7858507
Obvious bait, even people who side with Harris agree that he acted like an autist and got ridiculed by Chomsky on a rhetoric level
>>
blacked.com
>>
This documentary: https://archive.org/details/manufacturing_consent

After that, Chomsky Reader or the book version of Manufacturing Consent
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 214x235) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 214x235
>>
>>7858727
I side with Harris and I dont agree with that at all. Stop making stuff up
>>
>>7859607
oh for fuck's sake. the e-mails are here folks. read them yourself and come to your own conclusions.

https://www.samharris.org/blog/item/the-limits-of-discourse
>>
>>7857910
read his ignorant non-critique of lacan then be done with it
>>
>>7859658
bbut he was a charlatan and a big meanie who uses language to obscure his arguments rather than explain them!
>>
>>7857910

The Greeks
>>
>>7857910
the x2 speed setting on youtube.
>>
>>7859658
>>7859664
>lacan

Chomsky is completely right. He's a hack who makes up shit, backs it with nothing and retards (you) lap it up.
He's like a slightly more nuanced version of L Ron Hubbard.
>>
>>7860240
Hegel***
>>
File: 1439223020812.jpg (547 KB, 400x499) Image search: [Google]
1439223020812.jpg
547 KB, 400x499
>>7859664
If I were to say that the so-called philosophy of this fellow Lacan is a colossal piece of mystification which will yet provide posterity with an inexhaustible theme for laughter at our times, that it is a pseudo-philosophy paralyzing all mental powers, stifling all real thinking, and, by the most outrageous misuse of language, putting in its place the hollowest, most senseless, thoughtless, and, as is confirmed by its success, most stupefying verbiage, I should be quite right.
>>
>>7860301
Meme Memer doesn't speak like that
>>
>>7860308
That's because it's a quote from Schopenhauer about Hegel.
>>
>>7858507
Hilarious bait
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wfNl2L0Gf8
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.