[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he right all along?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Philip K. Dick reclining.jpg (41 KB, 317x338) Image search: [Google]
Philip K. Dick reclining.jpg
41 KB, 317x338
>>
No, he fried his brain with too many amphetamines. Even he knew that.
>>
>>7857536
No.
But he was probably high all along.
>>
>>7857536
Yes. But few will notice.
>>
why the fuck does he have a cross on his necklace? you mean to tell me the guy who had every scribble he put on a scrap of paper turned into a blockbuster by hollywood wasn't jewish? strains belief to be honest with you senpai
>>
>>7857831
He was a gnostic.
>>
Right about Whot?
>>
>>7857831
Didn't most of the film adaptations occur after his death?
>>
pkd saw over the mountain.. the fact that he is largely ignored compared to Asmiov Clarke and Heinlein is testament to the inherent autism of science fiction
>>
>>7857536
Yeah, Žižek is pretty much right about ideology and sexuality.
>>
85% right 15% christposting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohmajJTcpNk
Mold of Yancy here we come
>>
>>7857831
>every scribble he put on a scrap of paper turned into a blockbuster by hollywood
I dare them to make a movie of Three Stigmata or VALIS.
>>
>>7859404
Both are quite obviously LA noir magical realism. They'd suit HBO/Netflix better.
>>
the valis trilogy is a literary masterpiece on par with moby dick and the divine comedy
>>
>>7859424
You're not wrong, though that's kind of like comparing the Renaissance Masters to Banksy.
>>
>>7859435
If Banksy couldn't paint and kept harping on about his divorce.
>>
>>7857536
he does a better job than anyone expressing the absolute mindfuck human life became in the late 20th early 21st century
>>
>>7858179
pretty sure he isnt ignored. they named a major award after him.
>>
>>7857831
It's a pretty stylish necklace desu
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.