[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TRILOGY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: Luck.jpg (67 KB, 905x918) Image search: [Google]
Luck.jpg
67 KB, 905x918
Alright boys this is it,

You may only post in this thread if you read the trilogy and earned your badge.

Lets talk about the works in the meanwhile.
>>
File: 1429593309433.jpg (34 KB, 1023x708) Image search: [Google]
1429593309433.jpg
34 KB, 1023x708
the Trilogy is Nothing, kid . . .
>>
>>7855411
And but so I ate a Gorgonzola sandwich while wearing a pig costume.
>>
>>7855425
Outed plebbie. Plechazunga Pig-man is a yellow and purple creature of German Expressionism
>>
I have the badge and I'll prove it.

GR: Byron the Bulb
IJ: John Wayne and Avril
Ulysses: A.E.I.O.U.
>>
File: The “The” Trilogy.jpg (304 KB, 1314x666) Image search: [Google]
The “The” Trilogy.jpg
304 KB, 1314x666
But have you read the new trilogy?
>>
File: jJoD1.jpg (199 KB, 800x538) Image search: [Google]
jJoD1.jpg
199 KB, 800x538
A screaming comes across the porch, from the stairhead, Tommy bearing a bowl of lather on which a pinecone and a toy rocket lay crossed—he sits on the steps surrounded by heads and bodies of characters never to be created, Wallace having quit and thrown himself upon his belt, ha-ha o my, Tommy thinx, don't throw rocks at the thrown, ha-ha.
>>
>>7855416
>not using eye-patch joyce
what are you DOING
>>
>>7855416
>Gass
>Gaddis
>Barth
I approve of this.
>>
What does the badge look like?
>>
>>7855699
It's not a literal badge. It's a uniform: bandana, eyepatch, and dammit stop doing that with your eyebrows, Scuffling.
>>
>>7855470
I just finished The Lime Twig yesterday and my copy of The Recognitions is on its way. The Tunnel though? We'll see, gasspal, we'll see.
>>
>>7855470
there is a reason they weren't picked for the original

>>7855476
i-i-is this even allowed?
>>
File: E.jpg (40 KB, 532x800) Image search: [Google]
E.jpg
40 KB, 532x800
>>7855699
its all in the eyes of the reader

no one can get through all three without becoming a changed man
>>
"...the three of us are standing in a flattened gravel pit encircled by stone walls of spectator seats.(1)"

1 Joyce is shirtless
>>
>>7855796
If you like beautiful prose, oodles and oodles of content and symbolism, and being able to poke around in the mind of a monster, then you should get it.
>>
>>7855803
They're not as memetic but The Recognitions and The Lime Twig could work as part of a similar "trilogy". The Tunnel I'm not sure about.
>>
>>7856159
The Tunnel moreso than the others fits the meme trilogy.
>>
>>7856563
This.
>>
>>7855411
That's the dumbest fucking picture and it keeps making me laugh.
>>
>>7855498
Murakami tho
>>
>>7856563
>>7857307
Only because it's become more of a meme.
>>
>You may only post in this thread if you read the trilogy and earned your badge.

Gonna have to break this rule, the order is Inifinite jest -> Gravitys rainbow -> Ulysses, right?
>>
Did anyone read them before coming to /lit/?

I heard of Joyce and read Ulysses but didn't know about the other two until coming here
>>
>>7857543
order to read them in?
>>
>>7857554
Yes.
>>
>>7857549
I heard of and bought Ulysses and Gravity's Rainbow before coming to /lit/. I think I saw Infinite Jest lying around in Barnes and Noble's bestseller piles near the entrance, but I never considered buying it or even looked up anything about it until I saw the memes.
>>
File: badges.png (2 MB, 1360x1176) Image search: [Google]
badges.png
2 MB, 1360x1176
I never leave the house without my jacked with these patched on. I earned it
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.