[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'll only bring myself to read this book if you convince
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 300x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 300x374
I'll only bring myself to read this book if you convince me it's secretly about homosexual desires.
>>
it's melville so of course it is. go crazy.
>>
The first hundred pages are about sharing a bed with a guy who eats man flesh, penetrates things for a living, and is looking forward to chasing giant sperms
>>
you know that in the opening chapters the uptight (at that point) narrator shares a bed with a big sexy black man and they become special 'friends', right?
>>
>>7850258
It's not about homosexual desires. You would have to have not read the book to think this. The inter-male relationships are a source of comfort for the protagonist in a world that is very far from comforting. They're so far from the point that sexual orientation doesn't even matter. He could be gay, bisexual, or simply looking for intimacy and it would not alter the book at all.
>>
>>7850258
THAT WHALE IS TRIPPIN BALLS MAN
HAHAHA

NICE
>>
>>7850300
>the protagonist
I should have said narrator, he's not exactly a protagonist.
>>
>>7850258
It's about a load of SEaMEN thrusting their STIFF SHAFTS into a SPERM whale
>>
>>7850267
>black man

Queequeg is Polynesian
>>
>>7850258
It's not even secretive about it. That said it's not the only reason to read it.
>>
>>7850258
Ishmael realizing he's comfortable being intimate with a man is only in like the first part of the book but it's pretty blatant. Say what you will about it being a classic so it's just platonic but the way Queequeg touches him and Ishmael lets him is queer as hell
>>
>>7850258
it's in the tital

moby DICK it's about catching moby SPERM and ahab is obsessed with losing his third leg to a giant gay SPERM, where the sperm swallow his dick, rather than ahab swallow his dick! didnt you know? whales are also gay and t her es loads of chapters on whales, even a chapter on how straight whales look after a harem school of whales (and these harem whales are sissy trap whales with feminine dick!)
>>
>>7850322
Very pertinent point my m80
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.