[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>lent Soseki's 'I am a Cat' to a qt just because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: natsume.jpg (79 KB, 350x483) Image search: [Google]
natsume.jpg
79 KB, 350x483
>lent Soseki's 'I am a Cat' to a qt just because she loves cats
how fucked am I?
>>
Lemme guess, still unfucked.
>>
>>7849810
/thread
>>
I hate that book. So you did ok.
>>
>>7849803
eh. was interesting in the beginning. then the pacing is terrible throughout much of the book then it gets really interesting a the end if you can make it that far.

iirc I am a cat originally appeared in many parts in a newspaper.

should've gave her sanshiro if you wanted to get dem panties moist.
>>
>>7850175
I actually liked the book, but I have to agree that the pacing was poor. It will probably bore the fuck out of her, but she's a huge cat freak, so when I mentioned there is a book with cat as a main character she immediately wanted to borrow it. Still hope it will work out, she's the first girl with any interest in serious literature and art I've met in my life
>>
>>7850285
i liked the book too. it's just not for everyone. I did buy it as a cat-lover. it's how I discovered soseki. since then I've read most everything available in English.

>she's the first girl with any interest in serious literature and art I've met in my life

awesome, bro. don't put her on a pedestal. just be a good friend that also shows interest in her sexually so she doesn't assume you just want to be friends...unless that's what you want. whatev.
>>
>>7849803
> lending books to people who don't read books

Nice, you're never seeing it again and you'll never see her again mid-way through the year.
>>
>pick up I am a Cat because I thought it would be some short 100 page book with short sentences
>300 pages

Ah well, Botchan was one of the lightest reads Ive ever read so Im sure this will be light too
>>
>>7850447
botchan is lots of fun. that's a great first soseki novel. try sanshiro. it's one of my favorite coming of age novels.
>>
File: wallo.jpg (53 KB, 378x456) Image search: [Google]
wallo.jpg
53 KB, 378x456
>give a 1st edition of The Crying of Lot 49 to a qt
>"oh.. Thanks anon"
>gets drunk and drugged and fucked by Chad that night at the same house party
>I go to her room and demand my book back
>"why?"
>"because I gave it to you with the the unspoken understanding that you would be my gf. I really treasure that and you-"
>Chad literally leans over the doorway and says "what's the matter babe"
>ho hum, my life has become like a tween coming of age film
>call him a "block head" with no measure of irony
>go back downstairs and take amphetamines
>next day I wake up to find my copy of The Crying of Lot 49 battered, spine torn, and pen scribbles in it on the coffee table
>it also stinks of piss and cum
>this is my Koran, I literally flip my shit
>I'll go and rip apart all her books that fucking slut
>storm into her room
>no books
>no e-reader
>slap myself for seeing anything in her in the first place
>>
>>7850516
I never thought I could hate anyone as much as I hate the people form r9k.
>>
>>7850516
>People like this exist
>>
>>7852313
Yeah who the fuck wouldn't even have a kindle
>>
>>7852342
>ebook readers
>human
>>
>>7850175
I never made it to the end honestly. Should I head back and pick it up? Is the ending that good?
>>
File: Latza Laff.webm (1 MB, 750x932) Image search: [Google]
Latza Laff.webm
1 MB, 750x932
>>7850516
>>
>Mr. Sneaze[1] ("sneeze" is misspelled on purpose, but literally translated from Chinno Kushami (珍野苦沙弥?), in the original Japanese) and family (the cat's owners), Sneaze's garrulous and irritating friend Waverhouse (迷亭 Meitei?), and the young scholar Avalon Coldmoon (水島寒月 Mizushima Kangetsu?) with his will-he-won't-he courtship of the businessman's spoiled daughter, Opula Goldfield (金田富子 Kaneda Tomiko?).

Oh god that's terrible. Please tell me this is an actual plot point in the story and not just some uppity translator.
>>
>>7850516
Homie, I'm trying to understand what happened here so forgive me for my gross ignorance.

>Did you bring your 1st ed of Lot 49 to a party because you always carry it with you?
>Was the copy already there because it was a house party at your house?
>Did she sleep with Chad in your bed?
>Why were you talking about Lot49 with a chad-bait at a party?
>Are you muslim?
>Why do you hate truth?
>Whyyyyy
>>
>>7850447
It actually started as a short story, and he added the last two chapters later.
>>
>>7852516
Its three volumes isn't it? Are you referring to the first as the short story? is it OK if I just read that?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.